68 - Bond

I opened my eyes slowly when I regained my consciousness. I was wondering if I was still alive, because I felt pretty much dead.

I looked around and saw Daniel was sitting right beside me, holding my hand tightly with his head down, praying for my life.

"Hey," my voice was so raspy.

Daniel jumped from his seat when he heard my voice. He quickly pulled me into a tight hug as soon as he saw me smiling at him.

"Thank you for coming back. Thank you," he kept repeating the sentence while squeezing me.

I could feel that he was really scared of losing me.

"I thought I was in heaven because I saw an angel beside me," I joked as I stroked his back gently to calm him down.

He tightened his hug while kept thanking God that I'm alive.

And then I suddenly remembered about my baby when I recalled how bad my state was before I lost my consciousness. I quickly pulled myself away from Daniel's hug before I looked down.

"Where's the baby? Where's my baby?" I asked panically as I kept checking my belly because it felt empty.

I would never forgive myself if something happened to my son.

"Honey, calm down. The baby ...," Daniel tried to calm me down but I couldn't wait anymore.

"I have to see my son. Where is he?" I kept rambling frantically as I removed my blanket hastily before I tried to get down from the bed but Daniel halted me.

Suddenly the door was slammed wide open.

"Yuhuuu! Did someone order a baby?" Donna pushed a clear plastic box on a cart with a baby inside.

I grabbed Daniel's hand tightly as I was trembling like crazy when she put the cart beside me.

"I-i-is that him?" I stammered as I kept stealing glances at the box.

Turned out I was really nervous to see the baby.

"Yep. Fresh from the oven," Donna said with a smile as she stroked my belly.

I shut my eyes tightly and took a deep breath before approaching the box. I ran my hands slowly along the edge of the box when I peeked inside. I covered my mouth as I gasped excitedly when I finally see the baby. My baby.

"Well. Looks like he knows that his mommy is here," Donna said when his cute little mouth was moving hungrily.

The baby jolted slightly as soon as Donna opened the box. He probably startled when the air from the room brushed his skin.

"Is it okay for him to be out?" I asked nervously when Donna took the baby out of the box.

"Of course. Why wouldn't he be?" Donna assured with a smile before she put the baby in my embrace.

I got lost of words when I finally saw him closely. He was absolutely breathtaking. So beautiful.

I chuckled when he immediately grabbed my finger, glaring at me with his piercing eyes while pouting cutely when I was nudging his lower lip. His eyes suddenly formed a crescent as he giggled when I tickled his plumpy cheek lovingly.

"Speaking of duality, I wonder where did he get that from?" I squinted at Daniel and he just shrugged.

I pinched Daniel's nose with my knuckles, because he's so annoyingly adorable, and then both Daniel and the baby scrunched their noses!

"Hey. Don't copy me," Daniel complained.

Daniel glared at the baby when the baby suddenly smirked. I swear, he smirked. He's such a tease, just like his dad.