0.6

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

THE GUARDS PUSHED open the creaky door steadily, dragging Amber into the large room. The girl felt disoriented, as her eyes adjusted to the brightness seeping into the room through a large glass window. She sluggishly looked around, her gaze landing on the familiar monocled man standing by the glass.

"Ms. Maximoff, what are we going to do with you?" Strucker tutted, turning to face the young girl, with his hands clasped behind his back. "You broke our rules, You used your powers on our doctors."

Amber blinked at the man, struggling to get free from the guards grip causing Strucker to laugh menacingly.

"You know what to do." Strucker told the guards, peering down at the girl. "- and after put her in with her brother maybe it'll show him what'll happen if he continues to be a disruption."

The guards clutched Amber tighter, their hands digging into her pale arms, causing her to whimper in discomfort. The girl was once again led back through the long, grey halls of the compound, her feet skimming the floor.

The two guards suddenly stopped, shoving her into another dark room where more guards filled the small space. Amber felt a rough tug around her neck as a guard tightly latched a collar around her neck. The girl flinched in discomfort, only to receive a sharp shock, through the collar.

"Ah- Ms. Maximoff, you see, this is a collar to restrict your powers." One of the men growled, pushing the girl onto the concrete floor.

A guard sent a swift kick to her  stomach causing the girl to curse loudly. She'd heard the word slip from Pietros mouth a lot when he was annoyed, so it only seemed fair to use it in this situation.

Amber tried to stand, but was pushed back down to the floor where a guard handcuffed her hands and shackled them the floor. She heard a few gruff laughs before a sharp crack rang through the room. Amber twisted her head towards the noise only to see a man holding a long, metal whip.

Amber whimpered, as she saw him raise the whip into the air. Time seemed to slow, she could hear her heart beating fast, the anticipation unbearable. Amber closed her eyes as the first hit landed her back.

She cried out in agony, the pain caused by the whip felt like a thousand needles were being pushed into her spine. Amber heard it being raised again, it seemed to be harder than last time causing tears to run down her face as she tried to squirm away from her position.

With each hit, Amber's back was marked with a long line running down her spine. She could feel the blood trickling down her back as sweat drenched her body.

By this stage she'd lost count of how many times she'd been hit. The hospital gown she'd previously adorned was now completely shredded at the back, her blood seeping onto the floor. Amber's voice was hoarse from her screams as she sobbed.

The girl felt lightheaded as if stuck in between the veil of reality and hell. She felt numb to the pain but still felt the whip biting her back. The man threw the whip to the side, causing the girl to heave and drop completely to the floor in pain.

She heard a scraping noise from behind her, she couldn't muster enough courage or strength to turn her head but she knew her punishment was far from over.

"Ms. Maximoff?" One of the men cooed, "You badly injured our doctors, you brought this on yourself."

She let out a bloodcurdling scream, as a sharp, metal tip slowly etched marks into her skin as if the man was trying to engrave in Morse code. The pain was excruciating and was slowly numbing her mind.

She lay on the floor barely conscious, bleeding from multiple wounds. Amber wanted to be taken away from this misery, and as if someone had heard her pleads, her eyes grew heavy and she eventually slipped away into darkness.

ØØØØ

Two guards lifted Ambers limp body through the compound, her blooding leaving a small trail behind them. The men reached the cell blocks and one of them unlocked a door, before placing her inside the cell. Pietro, who was sleeping, woke up to the sound of the door slamming shut. He rushed to the body's side, kneeling beside it, examining the damage.

He slowly turned the body over, revealing the face that once held a bright smile, a face which never failed to make him happy. There, Amber lay in silence, her eyes shut, her mind floating in and out of consciousness.

"What have YOU DONE TO HER?" Pietro screeched in anger, running towards the bars at his door. "SHES JUST A KID!"

"This is what happens when you disobey us" The guards replied monotonously, before slowly departing the cell block. Pietro returned to his sisters side, tears welling up in his eyes at seeing his sister like this. When their parents died, Pietro had sworn to protect his sisters.

He failed.

He cradled her head in his arms, as tears rolled down his cheeks. The ground around Amber was slowly being covered in pools of red. The boy stood up frantically, pulling his bed apart, before beginning to rip his bedsheets apart and using them to stop the blood from pouring out of her. It broke Pietro's heart, seeing her like this. Needless to say, He stayed by her side all through the night, refusing to sleep as he watched her chest rise and fall slowly.

ØØØØ

In the morning, the guards seized her from Pietro's room, even though he had fought and screamed with all his might, they still took her, and brought her to the experimentation room. The doctor shook his head and tutted at what they had done to her. She was still completely unconscious, but her breathing was steady. He treated some of the wounds, with disinfectant.

Once he was finished he pulled out two long needles filled with a purple substance. The doctor jabbed it into her arms and pushed all the liquid into her body. The girl thrashed in her sleep as the toxic liquid seeped through her veins. It was felt as if something was burning her on the inside, fire coursing through her veins but destroying everything in its path.

Amber let out a torturous scream as she jolted awake. Her eyes were glowing and the doctor stumbled back in fright and awe. He had done it. His serum was successful. It had worked. 

They'd finally created their perfect little monster.

ØØØØ

A little Pietro PoV ;)

Are you guys actually liking this book?

Don't forget to comment + vote and Until next time my friends ;)