Phase 4: Alternate

Written By: DGrayManLover

(Unedited)

Phase 4,

--Akane Tsunemori's POV--

It's been a day since Makishima's group broke into Nona Tower. Me, Kogami and Kagari were assigned to be a team, and we were handling one of the many helmet riots that were happening throughout the city. Kogami saw through Makishima's plan though, he figured out that the riots were being used to distract us from what was really going on right underneath our noses. Makishima was headed to Nona Tower, and he wasn't alone. So my group headed off to stop them from doing whatever they were doing.

Once we arrived we radioed Shion Karanomori, she was in our analyst department and she told us that the group had split into two parts. Makishima took four helmet men with him toward the roof, and some other man took another four toward the basement. So we split up, Kogami and I headed after Makishima and we let Kagari go down to the basement by himself. Which I really regret now, because he's disappeared.

That was the last time I saw Kagari, why had he escaped? Or did he escape? Shion managed to retrieve some footage from that day but most of it mysteriously disappeared along with Kagari. Not only did we lose Kagari but we lost our new recruit Hibiki Nishikawa. Camera footage from her room in the recovery unit was lost too. Did they escape together? They no doubt had a connection from day one, was that enough for them to escape the PSB together?

A lot of weird things had been happening lately. Chief Kasei has ordered us off Makishima's case, we can't question him. Kogami was pretty pissed about that, and he took it out on Ginoza. Ginoza has been getting ridiculous orders from Chief for awhile now, there's nothing he can do about either. And no one seems to care about the fact that Nishikawa's gone missing, it's like she was never here to begin with.

I sigh to myself. All of this starts to happen right when I get settled into the Bureau.

"Akane." I hear Shion's voice. I turn and see her walking down the hall toward me.

"Yes." I say back.

She looks around the hall before looking back toward me, motioning for me to follow her. So I do, and we end up back at her living space. "Sit." She gestures to the couch, as she sits in her chair.

I do as I'm told and sit. "What did you want?" I glimpse at her screen, it looks like a coded message from a person named Echo. Hmm, wonder what that's about? Well she is a hacker maybe this is how she cracked into stuff.

"So I was fishing around in a place," She x's out of her email account and types something in on her computer. "I shouldn't have been messing around in, and guess what I found?" She turns in her desk chair and glances away from me.

"What?" I ask surprised that Chief hasn't been down here to punish her for her actions.

"It was some more footage from that day at Nona Tower." She pauses and bites her lip.

"So, did you find out what happened to Kagari?" My eyes go wide.

"He disappears from the camera after he finds the bottom floor of the basement exactly like that guy and the four helmet men." She clicks play on a video and sure enough Kagari disappears off the screen. "But he reappears later on with one of the helmet men in his grasps. Except in isn't a man behind that mask it's a woman behind that mask." I look closer, yes that was in fact a woman's body. "So if you rewind this video back to right before the man and the four helmet men disappear you notice that she was with them from the beginning."

She grips her chair arm before crossing one leg over the other. "That's not the weird part either." She eyes me. "They walked right past you and Kogami when they left the building."