Chapter Eight

"Yes, baby?" Athena asked, bending down to the little kid's level. I stared at her, praying to Irene that she wasn't going to hurt the poor boy.

"Mama, where's Yon?" he asked, his long eyelashes batting in fear. He looked pretty close to tears, almost like he already knew something was wrong.

Athena smiled a creepy smile, then took the kid's hand, leading him out of the house and into the backyard. "She's right there," she said in a weirdly happy voice. She pointed to the grave, looking down at the kid as she did so.

The kid's intelligent, amber eyes widened in fear, as his tail's fur poofed out in. "Is that what happens when someone makes Mama mad?" he asked, his voice shaking. He pointed to the grave, his body language saying he already knew what it was.

Athena nodded, looking back at the grave. "Yon was very bad and let Nana out of the basement," she said softly, "so she had to be punished,"

My eyes flew open as I gasped for breath, the fear the young meif'wa had felt coursing through my veins. "Who was that kid?" I asked, not looking at Yon.

She sighed, ripping out a fistfull of grass. "That was my younger brother, Ju," she said, letting the grass fall back to the ground.

The name made me look at her, confusion etched across my face. "That was my Uncle Ju?" I asked, "The cop?"

Yon looked at me with surprised pride in her eyes, tears beginning to flow. "He's a police officer?" she asked in awe, her breaths coming out short.

"Yes," I said, smiling slightly. I set my hand on hers, the warmth under my fingers a good feeling from the usual cold of mine.

"I'm so proud of him," she whispered, closing her eyes. Her form began to flicker, and I had seen enough Supernatural to know that she was about to go to the afterlife.

Right before she faded out of existence, we heard something get knocked over inside the house. Yon's eyes snapped open and her whole form came back. We both turned towards the house in a panic, our eyes widening.

"Come on, I don't want anyone in my house," she said, standing up. I followed, shaking slightly from fear.

We quickly entered the house, Yon being silent, since her tough on anything was feather light. I was a little louder, but even I could hardly hear myself.

"Who do you think it is?" Yon whispered, so quiet it was hard for me to hear.

"I hope no one that I know," I whispered back, "I don't wanna get in trouble," We made our way up the stairs, having seen no one on the bottom level. We quickly peeked into the rooms, making our way down the hall.

"Wait," Yon said when we got into her room. She quickly went over to her closet and opened the door, bending down to get something I couldn't see.

"I want you to have this," she said as she stood up, holding something in her hand.

I looked down and saw that it was a mesh of black, crocheted fabric. It took me a little bit to realize that it was a hat. The fabric went around in delicate, but thick lines, making shapes, like flowers and hearts. It was gorgeous.

"Why do you want me to have this?" I asked, lightly touching the hat with my fingertips.

"It's what my spirit is tied to," she said, pressing it into my palms, "I want you to keep it, so that I can go see Nana,"

My fingers wrapped around the hat with ease, and I put it on my head. It went around my ears perfectly, my bangs coming out of it and framing my face perfectly.

"Thank you," I whispered, looking back at Yon, but she was gone. I turned in a circle, looking all around the room, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Yon?" I whispered, trying to keep a low volume, in case someone really was in the house with me.

"I'm in the hat," I heard her say all around me. I jumped, but calmed down when I realized what she said. Gently, I put my hand on the hat and gave it a little pat, hearing a slight purr. She was with me.

Quickly, I made my way out of the room and kept inspecting the house, making sure that no one was there. I actually made it up to the top floor, which was exactly like the second, just with a huge hole in the floor.

"There's no one here, Yon," I said to the hat, sighing and sitting at the edge of the hole. I didn't really care that I could fall.

"Well, there's still one room you have to check," she said, the hat kinda buzzing as she spoke. It was almost like she was scared.

"What room?" I asked, fear creeping up on me. My stomach twisted into knots again, and I contemplated jumping into the hole to take my mind off of it.

"The basement," Yon whispered, making my whole heart stop.

"But," I whispered, my words coming out pained, "Isn't that where Mom was kept before Athena killed you?"

The hat moved slightly, almost like she was nodding, so I took that as a yes. I sighed and got up, quickly making my way down the stairs and towards the kitchen. Standing in front of the basement door, my heart did anxious flips and my stomach felt like it was being punched.

"I don't wanna do this," I whispered, "This is exactly how people die in horror movies,"

"You watch horror movies?" Yon asked, sounding a little amazed.

"No, but I watch a lot of horror games be played and, you know, it's an internet thing," I whispered, my hands shaking.

"Well, we still need to find out if anyone is here, so we need to check in there," she said, her voice determined, "I don't want people in my house,"

"Fine," I mumbled, reaching for the knob. My hand was shaking from fear, but the curious part of me wanted to know who was here, if anyone was.

The door slowly swung open with a creek, dust flying out at me and making me sneeze. Light shined down from the window in the kitchen, slightly illuminating the basement beneath. I saw someone at the bottom of the stairs.

Her pink hair was chopped short, and she had cat ears and a tail. A dirty, white shirt and a green jacket was what she wore, baggy, black pants. Her face was was cut and dirty, her hands covered in dirt and grime. Athena Ishida was at the bottom of the stairs and she looked terrifying.

A/N: Thank you guys for reading, hope you liked the chapter and I love you all! Bye!