010

We arrive at our hotel room after we settled Hoseok's mothers cremation. Hoseok was inconsolable. All I could do was be there with him. We were laying on the bed and he was in my arms. I stoked his hair softly. He had finally fell asleep. I felt so bad for everything that he was going through, but I felt worse for not being able to do anything for him.

---

"Good morning baby boy."
Was the first thing I heard as I opened my eyes. Hoseok was already changed. I quickly got up and got dressed.
We drove to the address we where giving to pick up his mother's ashes. Hoseok seemed better, but I knew he was still hurting.

---

We were standing on the river side. Hoseok had his mother's ashes held tightly against his chest.
"She always told me she wanted this."
I looked up at him. He had his head up high and was looking forward. Hoseok handed me the box and opened it. He put his hands around mine.
"I think she would've liked it if we did this together. She really loved you."
He smiled at me.
Together we poured the ashes into the river and we watched them float away. I wanted to cry but I couldn't, Hoseok was already in so much pain, I had to be strong. He held my hand after we lost sight of the ashes.
"Thank you."
He said turning to look at me. I was confused, I hadn't done anything.
" Thank you for being here with me when I most needed you."
I tear rolled down his cheek. I put my hand on his face and wiped his tear away with my thumb.
"I'll always be here, by your side, no matter what happens."
A slight smile appeared on his face and he kissed me.