Chapter 24

I think this time I was knocked out for a long time, because when I finally wake up I feel groggy and I'm in a different room. Well, not so much room, more like cell. With glass walls and no apparent way to get in or out. Yeah, this is worse. So much worse.

I sit up and lean against the wall for a while. I know the groggy feeling is passing because now all I feel is regret. How dare I let them threaten to do something to Greyson? Why did he have to be pulled into this. Why!

I sit there for what feels like hours, being mad at myself and sobbing because or it. I end up puking in the corner. I can't stand this. I can't stand not knowing where he is. This is all my fault, I'm the one that dragged him into this mess, and now he has to pay for it. We both do.

I sob until no more tears come. Only then do I decide that I am not having anymore pity party's. I have to be strong.

So, I try to stand up, which was a good plan until I collapse. It seems that being knocked out for an indeterminable amount of time takes a serious toll on your strength. Who would have guessed.

Only after I collapse to I take a look at myself. They put me in a tattered brown dress. I have red indentations from where the restraints were all along my body. They probably won't go away any time soon, and if I survive this I wouldn't be surprised if they all scar over. But that's a major if.

Try to stand up again, this time using the glass wall to steady and support myself. I try to learn from my mistakes. Especially now where every move counts. Every move I make could be a step closer to Greyson. Or a step farther. But that is why we think about our choices.

So, I study the cell. The ceiling is high, so high I don't think I could touch it if I jumped, even with full strength. The walls are fairly thick, so I don't think trying to break them is a good option.

Think Vanessa, think!

That's when I see it. The camera in the white room my cell is in. It's a small camera, designed not to be seen. I can't escape. That's the point, they want to see me struggle. I don't like giving them what they want.

So, instead of trying to fight my way out of a glass cell, I sit down and stare right at the camera hooked to the wall of the surrounding room. My eyes ask who ever is watching if they dare to come in. I bet they don't.

They're scared of me, they know a lot less then they think they do. I like that. I intend to keep it that way.

I sit and I stare until I fall asleep. I think I'm only asleep a little while when I feel arms grabbing my torso. I try to pretend I'm asleep. The person drags me somewhere.

I go willingly. At least, I will until we are out of the glass cell and white room.