Chapter 14

It's been about a week since I took the pills away from Greyson. I threw away the bottle at my job and luckily Greyson hasn't asked for it back.

Greyson has successfully recovered from the gobs of medicine they gave him when he was in the hospital, though his memory is really fuzzy from those few days, so neither of us knows everything that they pumped into his body.

This morning marks the first day of the weekend so Greyson and I can have some good time to hang out and talk.

I step out of the shower and put on a baby pink dress with an open back and a lacy hem. My hair goes into a neat bun like normal and tie it with a matching baby pink scrunchie.

I walk out of the bathroom and see that Greyson is standing outside he's holding a dozen red roses.

"Hey Greyson." I say.

"Hey Vanessa. These are for you." He says handing me the flowers.

"Why are you giving me these?" I say. He hasn't been very romantic since the incident.

"I wanted to chat," He says, "I have just been thinking how much you've done for me. If it weren't for your quick thinking I could have ended up dead Vanessa."

"I wasn't thinking I was just trying to keep you safe..." I say as he steps closer to me.

"No, seriously, I owe you everything Vanessa. You stole my heart from the day I met you. Now I owe you my life, too." I step closer to him as he says it.

"Greyson, these last few weeks without you being 100% have been hard, I'm not going to lie, but if I had to I would give up everything to live in peace with you."

Greyson finally pulls me in and wraps his arms around me. I place my head on his chest and wrap my arms around him. he puts his head on top of mine. Somehow this is the closest I've felt with him in a while.

"Please Vanessa, if it ever comes to that, don't save me. Don't. I'm screwed up, and broken, and a disgrace, and not worth it. There's a reason the engineers didn't fix me, and it's the same reason that you shouldn't save me."

I pull away grabbing him by the shoulders and looking him sternly in the eyes.

"Greyson," I say, "you are not pointless or broken or anything like that at all. I don't care what happened before I met you because all that matters is here and now. Greyson, I love you. Okay? Stop questioning that."

"I know you love me. And I love you for that." He says as he gently pulls me back into the hug.

We stay there for a while, standing, hugging, and just feeling plain safe. He makes me feel safe and wanted. He's willing to give anything for me.

After a long time we break our hug and lay on the bed just cuddling with each other.

For the first time in a long time I feel like Greyson is entirely back to normal.

I wish normal could be everyday for us.

But I have a plan now.

And normal isn't a part of it.