{2} Sworn to Secrecy

~Louis' POV~

"How did you..." I trail off when Niall vanishes into thin air after reciting my life story. All of my roommates are staring at me, but my thoughts are focused on the six-year-old I left ten years ago. Has it only been ten years? "Josh, how old is Niall?" I ask, turning to the transparent boy who probably hasn't realized that Niall is even gone.

"What? Why?" Josh asks, and I just glare at him. "He's sixteen." Josh says, and my face pales.

"Stay here, pretend nothing Niall said ever happened. In fact, he's probably going to wipe your memories after this, or maybe Headmaster will. Either way, I'm sorry, but don't leave this room until I get back or this gets much, much worse." I say, running out of the common room without a single glance back. I run through the dorms and straight to Headmaster's office, and sure enough I hear Niall's voice.

"...and he knows that I'm here and he knows who I am!" Niall exclaims, his voice shaky. "Why did he wipe my memory?" Niall asks. Wipe his memory?!

"He had to, to keep you safe. The Wizards are still out there, and they want to get you. Your father had to hide you." Headmaster says, and Niall groans.

"We're going to have to wipe everyone's memory now, too, and I feel so bad because I know what that feels like and-"

"Niall, we can't wipe Louis." Headmaster cuts Niall off. "Everyone else, even Josh, is easy, but Louis can't lose his memories. It's part of the-"

"Aunt Lindsey, Louis is listening to us." Niall says, cutting her off. "He has been for a while, you know." I stare at the door, and Niall laughs. "Louis, just come in here already, you can't really hide." He says, and of course I have to listen. I open the door and poke my head in, smiling sheepishly when I see Headmaster and Niall looking at me.

"Louis, did you know that they wiped my memory?" Niall asks before Headmaster can yell at me for eavesdropping,

"I had heard about it," I admit, "but I didn't get an opinion since I has left the court by then. What exactly was wiped?" I ask curiously.

"Everything from when I was born to the day of the wipe. My dad gave me fake memories, too, including my first time using magic. I've always thought it was when I was five and I set my uncle's pants on fire, but I guess not." Niall says, annoyed. I can't help but let out a laugh at what Niall said.

"You did set your uncle's pants on fire when you were five, Niall. I was there. I guess he let you keep that memory." I comment, and Niall smiles.

"At least I has something. But why would my dad send me here if he knew I would see you and remember?" Niall questions, and this time I don't have an answer.

"He wanted you to remember. Niall, you don't have to wipe your friends' memories, because I'm going to do it." Headmaster says, frowning.

"If I may ask, why keep Niall's identity a secret?" I question, looking at Headmaster.

"King's orders. He doesn't want the Wizard Rebellion to know where his son is. Actually, he planned for you to discover Niall's identity." Headmaster says. She snaps her fingers and forms a flame in her hand, telling it something then blowing it out. Her preferred method of communication, I've noticed. Suddenly King Bobby is standing before me, and I immediately bow.

"Louis, rise." The king says, and I straighten. "I'm surprised you realized who Niall was so quickly, actually. I was expecting it to take a couple days." He explains, looking at Niall. "Although I also didn't expect Niall's memories to come back so easily, either. Louis, did you have to tell my son your entire life story?" The king asks, and I shake my head.