81 Facing The Risk

-Jimin POV-

I froze.

Hearing her name, I don't know what to do.

Mijin's dad? I thought he hates me.

"What do you want?" I looked at him with dark eyes. Why would he bother to talk to me considering that he hates me since my high school.

"Woah. Chill there, Jimin" He slowly took a sit on the chair in front of my desk. I exhaled a lot of carbon dioxide and I also sat down.

"I don't want to cause trouble. I'm here to help."

To help? Why so sudden? I know you want something from me.

"Spill it out. I don't have enough time"

"Shut up, you have plenty of time" I darted him with my eyes when he said those to me. Little did he know that I am building up my anger inside. I don't know what I could do to him when I let this all out now.

"I want to partner up with my business"

"Excuse me?"

"Partner up.....did I stutter?" He calmly said. I know he's up to something.

"What's the catch?" I narrowed my eyes to him.

"I haven't seen you for 11 years. I thought you hate me." I sighed.

"People change, Jimin. That's all in the past." Why does he sound like he's getting ready to fire me with something? His voice is deep and mysterious.

He took out a folder and opened it. I read it and it says his company. I figured out that it's a contract to be partners for the business. As I was busy studying the papers, he spoke.

"I can help you with my money and connections. I am the owner of the fourth largest business in South Korea" He bragged about how great his business is. I remembered our family business being in the top nine, but we all shrank down to the 45th. That's how bad the business got into.

He pushed the pen to me, waiting for me to pick it up and sign that contract.
Honestly, I don't need any of his help. I don't even trust this man. Barging in my company and offering a damn contract is confusing me.

I closed my eyes and thought of the nest option I have, but I have none.
My phone buzzed in my pocket and my heart raced, thinking if it was Sara who texted me. I pulled it out and the notification showed a freaking promo of something. I rolled my eyes and angrily shoved it in my pocket again.

I hear Mr. Nam's fingers tapping onto the wooden chair that he sits on. I felt nervous. This is a good deal, but I am afraid of what consequences it may bring that may affect my relationship with Sara.

I took the pen and opened it.

I pointed it on the line next to his signature.

I thought about it for another while.

Should I trust this man?

This man that hated me for my existence?

This man who thought of me as a bad influence to her daughter?

I read the contract again so that I can make up my own consequences on what may happen.

I pointed again.

And then I signed it.

"Good job, Mr. Park" He stood up and offered a hand shake.

"Nice, partnering with yah" I also stood up and reached for his hand.

I slightly smiled and fixed my hair with my other hand.