goody-two-shoes parker ⌲ peter parker

The tapping of your teacher's ruler against your desk suddenly awakes you from your deep sleep.

"I expect you to be awake during my lessons, (y/n). Detention!" Her voice rings out, making you wince.

Not detention again. You'd been a good student so far this year, only getting into trouble once or twice, which was a lot better than last year. Sometimes it had seemed as if the world was against you, as if someone thought it might be funny to make you miserable.

You sigh quietly, admitting defeat. Dammit.

You shuffle slowly into the detention room, awkwardly looking at your toes. You knew this room all too well, and if you looked up, you're sure you'd be able to identify every single person solemnly sitting at a desk.

You peek up quickly, and a pair of eyes catch yours, then look away as fast as they had glanced at you.

Oh no.

The gym teacher looks carelessly at you, and gestures to the seat next to the boy who looked at you. "Sit there." He drawls.

You plonk your bag next to the boy and mentally steel yourself for the inevitable conversation ahead. This boy was the bane of your school life. You'd had a crush on him since forever, and he never seemed to notice. He'd laughed off anyone telling him you two looked 'cute' together, calling it 'gross'.

"Hey, man!" his voice cuts through your thoughts.

"Hey, Peter." You smile awkwardly turn yourself towards him slightly.

"Where have you been? Ned and I want to make his new Lego death star!" he half-laughed.

"Around, I guess... I have homework." You brushed him off and sat up straighter in the chair. "So, why are you in here, anyway? Goody-two-shoes Parker in detention?"

"I, uh..." he looks down at his desk, grinning to himself. "I tried to bunk class? Spanish test?"

You raise an eyebrow. "Seriously, Parker?"

"Yeah..." He looks at you, but after a second he glances away, as if he's embarrassed.

"What is it, Parker?"

He takes a while to turn to you, and takes a deep breath as soon as your eyes meet his.

"Ok, (y/n), you're gonna have to not interrupt for a second, because I have to say this, and I don't know if and when I'll be able to say it in the future. Is that ok?"

You nod, gesturing for him to continue. Jeez, he looks nervous.

"(y/n). I don't know why it's taken me this long to say this to you. It should be easy. I can't remember when I haven't known you. I guess it was just the endless pressure of everyone around us." He pauses for a second and your heart starts to flutter. Oh my goodness. You dispel any other thoughts and solely focus on his face, his eyes. You know you want to remember every word he is about to say.

"I... I really like you, (y/n). I properly like you. Romantically. I don't know when I've not liked you. You've always been there for me, through thick and thin. I don't know what I'd do without you." He stammers out and flicks his eyes to and from yours faster than you can keep up with. Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness this is happening. You glance sideways at the gym teacher and upon seeing his snoring form on the chair, grab Peter's arm and lead him outside to the corridor.

"You're sure about this,Parker? Once I kiss you, there's no going back." You surprise yourself by saying. You couldn't remember the last time you were this brave.

He nods, staring into your eyes, and without hesitation you lean forward and kiss him fully on the mouth.

And it's the best feeling.

____

yo!

so when peter says "hey, man", its a nickname. this particular oneshot can be either boy/boy or gal/boy depending on your preferences. (i mean, they all can tbh but i personally  write from a female perspective as i myself am a female)

so how'd u like the oneshot dudes? comment or private message suggestions for other ones - i'm not an incredibly creative person (i literally just put a character into a scene that already exists for this) (also vote please - it makes me one v happy boi :))))) )

also, i'm away for two weeks from tomorrow but i'll work on stuff while i'm away, and hopefully publish them soon after that.