Party part 2

I was having the best time just being around my old friends and my brother. I hadn't realized how much I actually missed this while I was with Jimmy.

"Oh my gosh Ash please tell me you still have that karaoke thing somewhere." Jess asks rubbing up to me.

"Uh I think it's in the basement why?" I question trying to remember where I put it when I unpacked.

Jess' eyes widen in excitement. "Oh my god can we please put it up! Think of how fun it would be." She begged.

"Let me go find it." I chuckle heading into the house.

"Need some help?" I hear as I step inside. Turning I see Dansby walking in behind me and shutting the sliding door.

"Sure." I smile. "I've got to find my karaoke machine, I think it's down here." I open up the door to the basement and start down the stairs.

"You look like you're having a good time with your brother." He mentions as we start looking around all my junk that I hadn't unpacked.

I nod. "I am, Austin and I haven't gotten to see each other a lot because I was in Boston and San Fran."

"Are y'all close?" He asks moving through some boxes.

"Yea we always have been even though he's 3 years younger." I say. "I talk to him about everything."

"That's cool. Oh hey is this it?" I turn to see he had indeed found it.

"Yes! Oh my gosh this is going to be so funny!" I grin walking over to him. "I can't wait to see you up there." I tease poking his side.

"Only if you get up there with me." He smirks.

"Oh no." I laugh. "You will not get me up there. I'm buzzing a little to hard to do that."

"Tell you what, you get up there and sing a song with me then I have to buy you dinner." He tries to bargain.

"Dansby Swanson it sounds like you're trying to take me on a date." I know it was the alcohol in my system talking because I never would've been bold enough to say that sober.

Dansby smirks taking a step closer to me. "If I We're would you say yes?" My breath hitched as he was centimeters from me.

"I wouldn't be opposed if you actually grew the balls to ask me instead of trying to make bargains." Geez this alcohol has my mouth running.

"Well then, Miss Kennedy go on a date with me." He says, those brown eyes boring into mine.

"Are you demanding Swanson?" I cock my head to the side teasingly.

"Maybe." He smirks.

"I suppose I can check my utterly busy schedule." I brush him off looking to the side.

Dansby's hand comes up to my cheek and forces me to look at him. "Make room Firecracker because I'll be picking you up Thursday at 6:30 sharp. It's an off day." He winks before picking up the karaoke machine and heading up the steps.

I was frozen in my place. My heart was still pounding from how close we were, the lowness in his voice and the smirk on his lips. Taking a deep breath I collect myself before following him up the stairs. Getting outside I'm quick to make my way over to all the hard liquor and mix myself a cranberry and vodka.

"Damn the vodka what's got you on edge." Emma chuckles appearing next to me.

"Nothing, I just want something stronger." I lie taking a sip of my drink.

Emma hums not really buying it. "Your brother is about to get up there." She says changing the topic.

"That should be good." I chuckle as Austin grabs the mic. The singer was standing on the raised patio and everyone else was on the grass.