Chapter 3: The Ad.

The group of four sat around a laptop in Sam's carpeted room. All eyes glued to the screen as she typed, while Caleb and Ronnie munched and sipped away on popcorn and sodas... Supportive as always.

"So... What should it... Say?" Caleb asked between mouthfuls.

"That's what I'm working on," Sam murmured, not turning away from her laptop. "I'm looking at other ads for a basis of what to go off of."

"Oh, you don't need those!" Triss insisted. "You're a great writer!"

"Yeah, your 20 page essay is proof of that." Ronnie rolled her eyes.

"Oh, please!" Sam scoffed. "It was only seven pages..." Caleb choked on his drink. Ronnie snorted as she slapped his back.

"Auwgh god!" He gasped. "It weNt up mY nOse!" Caleb went red in the face, clutching his nose, causing Ronnie to fall over from laughing so hard. Thus creating a ripple effect of everyone bursting out in tears and collapsing on the ground.

"My sides hurt!" Sam gasped through laughs.

When they had finally collected themselves, (and cleaned up any spilt popcorn.) they regathered around Sam's laptop as she read out her draft.

"Roommate wanted! No sociopaths accepted."

"Great start." Caleb interupted.

"Must be clean, responsible and quiet. Will be required to pay half of rent and utilities, along with half of the chores."

"Ooh, you should also include a description of where you live, and what you're like." Triss suggested. Sam agreed and added the following.

"The place is a decent sized, 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment located near plenty of restaurants and stores, along with a collection of some night-life locations. Rent is $749 each month not including utilities. Pets are allowed, but this place does not currently house any." Sam paused for a moment. "Should I include that I have both a tv and game system?"

The group all mulled it over for a minute before collectively saying "Nah."

"You're right. It could possibly encourage someone to come just to steal and pawn it." Sam decided. Ronnie rolled her eyes.

"Hey, could I write something?" she then asked.

"Uh... Sure."

"To my possible future roommate," She read aloud with a smile as she typed. "You will be living with a quiet, but crazy spirited party animal! I may appear a nerd in the streets, but I can assure you I'm a beast in the sheets!" Sam's eyes widened as she read. Caleb and Triss burst into laughter as She then screamed,

"NOOO!!!" And tackled her best friend away from the laptop before she could do any more damage. "First of all, that is Sooo not true!" She began after pinning Ronnie down. "Secondly, I'm looking for a roommate! Not a tinder boyfriend!" They all burst out laughing again. "I swear, you guys all get off on tourturing me!" Sam snorted sarcastically.

"Aww, you know you love us!" Caleb teased with a smirk.

"I know you're all a pain in my ass!" She challenged, despite the huge grin on her face. "You know, I should really have a friend rules list. Number 1, is no trying to turn me into some sex crazed college party girl!"

"But you totally are!" Caleb groaned. "You just need to get in touch with your inner self! Don't deny what's truee!!" He rolled over snorting with laughter.

"Wait a second, that's actually a good idea!" Triss murmured.

"Seriously?!" Sam gave her an incredulous look. Caleb on the other hand, jumped up with a look of gleeful surprise.

"YESs." Was all he said. His expression and voice kinda creeped her out...

"No!" Triss chuckled. "Yes," She gave Sam a look and then contiuned, "But no. You should have a house rule list or agreement. For your roommate!" She further explained when she noticed everyone's confused expressions. "If someone responds, if you two meet and things go well, you can create a list of rules you both agree to, when living together!"

"That is actually a really good idea!" Sam beamed.

For the last time that night, they all gathered around her laptop as Sam wrote the final draft.
"There it is." They all admired the finished ad. "I'd say it's pretty good for a first time."

"Yeah." They agreed.

"Now all that's left to do is post it and wait!" Sam clapped her hands and shut her laptop.

"Here, here!" Caleb cheered.

"What the heck was that for?" Sam chuckled.

"I don't know, it just felt like you were doin a thing, and it was.. right. I don't know." He shrugged.

"Welp. Okay then. That aside, anyone up for..." Sam looked at the time. "8:00 pizza and a movie?"

"Hells yeah!"

"Of course you are, yah freeloaders!"