CHAPTER FOUR !

concert hangover throbbed her temples, waking her up. she groaned, reached over to her night stand to grab a bottle of water. her eyes didn't even open when she fumble opened the advil bottle. from the lights, the stereos, screaming girls... last night was just a headache waiting to happen. plus, she was getting too old for this shit. nearing twenty three was making her feel like she was nearing eighty-three. trauma really takes a toll on a person.

she hissed at the sun when her eyes opened, looking around the room. eli rubbed her eyes, looking over at the other side of the bed. no one was there, but she remember josh sitting there last night. there was a frown on her lips, missing her second friend that she made in the new place. leaning over to the night stand, she grabbed her phone. last night josh and her exchanged numbers, thinking that would be easier to do than messaging through instagram.

nothing notable happened from the night before. eli invited him inside for a moment, showing him the apartment. the two ended up watching that 70s show on her bed before eli eventually passed out from exhaustion. the two had space between them, afraid of even ruining a possible friendship. all of eli's relationships ended badly and josh hadn't been in one since grade school. they were both terrified.

the clock on her phone glared at her, 11:32 AM. she groaned, placing a hand over her eyes. she made a fake weeping noise, she looked at her notifications. her instagram was blowing up because of the photo of josh and their interactions. she was already on a greta van fleet fan page for girlfriends and friends. she prayed that her body would let her go back to sleep, but with how her headache was feeling, she just wanted to die at this point.

joshwaaa 🌞

you passed out so i left. sleep well. text me when you return to the land of the living.

Today 11:35 AM

eli manning 🌻

eli manning  🌻

joshwaaa 🌞

good morning lmfao

eli manning  🌻

i wanna die already. your fan girls are something else. i'm already a greta van fleet girl.

joshwaaa 🌞

it suits you if i'm honest

eli manning 🌻

i'm ignoring that. ignoring you.

joshwaaa 🌞