Chapter 4: Bright Lights

I had my annual hospital visit and was no prepared for the amount of pain I was going to go through

I had my annual hospital visit and was no prepared for the amount of pain I was going to go through. Christian gathered a blanket for me and a jacket also. "Have you told B?" Christian asked. "Yea, he just doesn't know how bad it is," I answered. Christian nodded and he helped me into the car. He started driving off to the hospital. The drive was quiet. We always tried to prepare ourselves for the worse case scenario while we drove there.

We walked into the cold building where people in lab coats and scrubs on filled the hallways. Christian and I walked into the elevator and I pressed the button that labeled floor three. We stepped out of the elevator and I walked to the front desk as Christian went to find two seats. "I am here to see Dr. Juarez," I said. The nurse looked up at me and nodded. "She'll be right out," she said. I nodded and went to go sit with Christian.

"What do you think she'll say?" Christian asked. I shrugged. "I just hope it isn't bad," I said. Christian nodded in agreement and we waited for about seven minutes until a lady in lab coat appeared at the front desk with a clip board. "Kaylee Miramontes," She said loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. Christian and I stood up and we walked towards Dr. Juarez. She motioned for us to follow her and we did so.

Dr. Juarez led us to a room and Christian sat on a chair while I sat on the edge of the bed. "Well we got your results back from your last test and I went over them," Dr. Juarez said. I nodded and Christian looked at me nervously. "Your kidney is failing again," Dr. Juarez said. My face fell and so did Christian's. "So we could put you on the transplant list again or you can start dialysis," she said. I nodded, "May I go home to talk to my mom about my options?" I asked. Dr. Juarez nodded. "If you are leaning more towards the transplant list, it's best if you call right away so we can put you on it," she said. I nodded and Christian and I stood up. "Your next appointment will be in two weeks," she said. I nodded and we left the room.

This was bad news. I did not want to tell my mom this. We have been dealing with so much. Before I left, the nurses gave me the medicine I normally took on a daily basis. I was so used to all the medicine that I felt like I was immune to it. Christian drove me home, then left so my mom and I could talk. I walked into the house and my mom smiled at me. "How was it sweetheart?" she asked. "We should sit ma," I said. She nodded and a worried expression took over her face.

"My kidney is failing, and I have two choices. To be put on the transplant list or start dialysis," I said. My mom frowned and I reached for her hand. "My kidney is the only part I have of him mom," I cried. My mom tightened her grip around my hand. When my dad passed away, I was going through the exact thing. When he passed away my mom and I made the decision that one of his kidney's would go to me. His other organs are somewhere out in the world.

"I'm sorry," I cried. My mom hugged me and shook her head. "Don't worry honey, we will find you another kidney," she said. I nodded and she stood up to make me a plate of her famous spaghetti. There was a knock on the door and I stood up to answer the door.

I opened the door and there stood Brandon, Nick, and Edwin. "Hi guys," I said and quickly wiped my tears. Brandon looked at me confused and I shook my head at him. He nodded and I moved aside to let them in. "Who is it Kay?" my mom yelled from the kitchen. "Brandon!" I yelled back. The boys removed their shoes and I guided them into the kitchen. "Hi," Brandon said and gave my mom a hug. "I just cooked," she said and motioned for the boys to sit. Brandon looked at me and I nodded telling him to join us. "This is Edwin and Nick. They're in my band," Brandon said introducing them to my mom. "Nice to meet you boys," my mom said. They smiled and nodded in agreement.

"We'll go eat downstairs," I told them. Brandon nodded and I grabbed my plate and a couple of drinks before leading them downstairs. Downstairs was my room and basically my personal space. I turned the TV on and sat down on the couch. "Want to talk about it?" Brandon asked. I shook my head and he nodded. Nick and Edwin joined me on the couch while Brandon pulled up a chair.

"You have a nice house," Edwin said. "Thank you. My dad built it," I said and smiled. "Oh wow, how long did it take him?" Edwin asked. "I think a year and a half. He had a lot of help," I said. Edwin nodded and I handed Brandon the remote. "Put whatever you want," I said. Brandon nodded and put on Happy Gilmore. I chuckled and Brandon set the remote down. "You have horses!" Edwin said as he saw on of our horses pass by the window. I chuckled and nodded. "No way!" he said getting excited. "We can go see them after we finish eating," I said and laughed. Edwin nodded his head quickly and I smiled. "Do you still have B?" Brandon asked. I nodded and Brandon smiled. "Who's B?" Nick asked. "One of my horses. My dad named one after Brandon. When we were in Dallas one of the mom horses had a baby and when my dad asked for name suggestions Brandon suggested the name be B," I said. Nick and Edwin rolled their eyes and I smiled.

After we finished eating, I took the boys out to the field where majority of the horses were. "One day we can take them out for a ride," I told Edwin. Edwin nodded and was too memorized by the horse in front of him. "Her name is Silver," I said. Edwin started to pet her and I did also. "Who takes care of them?" Nick asked. "Mostly my mom," I answered. "We used to have people working on the ranch, but my mom decided to take over," I added. Nick nodded.

"So why the special visit?" I asked Brandon. "Oh, here," Brandon said and reached in his pocket. "Your pictures," he said and help up a flash drive. "You better post one," Nick said. "I already know I look bad in them," I said and sighed. "No, they look good!" Nick said. Brandon nodded in agreement and I blushed. "Like you can be a model. I swear," Nick said. I smiled. "Thank you," I said. He nodded and I motioned to the house. "Well let's go look at them," I said. The boys followed me and we went back downstairs where my laptop was.

I inserted the flash drive and uploaded the pictures onto my laptop. Once they were all uploaded the boys and I were looking through them. "They actually came out good," I told Brandon. "Because I took them duh," Brandon said. I smiled and he clicked on one. "Post this one," he said. I nodded and did so.

liked by brandon_arreaga and 200 otherskayleekay kisses from the sun brandon_arreaga my bestie rlly did THATedwinhonoret you guys

kayleekay kisses from the sun
brandon_arreaga my bestie rlly did THAT
edwinhonoret you guys... this is all natural
therealnickmara you're a model, i'm telling you
pretty_much ^^ she's friends with B again???

The boys started to follow me on instagram and twitter also. "You're instagram famous," Edwin said and pointed to the likes I quickly got. I laughed, "Not even close," I said. Edwin scoffed and I turned to Brandon. "What?" he asked. I shook my head and smiled. I was just thankful that I had my best friend back in my life. Brandon smiled and I turned to the other two boys. "So I know why Brandon is here, what made you two want to come?" I asked. "Just so B doesn't drive alone," Edwin said. "That's Edwin's answer. Nick has a crush on you," Brandon said.

I turned to Nick and he turned red and looked down at his feet. "Well then," I said. Brandon chuckled and Nick lightly pushed Brandon for telling me. "You might as well ask her!" Brandon yelled. Nick looked at me nervously and Brandon winked at me. "Kaylee, will you go on a date with me?" Nick asked. I chuckled and he looked at me waiting for an answer. I didn't know anything about Nick. Hell, I don't even know his full name or his favorite color. But I felt like this would be something good. Even though I haven't been on a date for two years. "Yes," I said.