Twist and Turns Chapter Two

Chapter Two

EDWARD CULLEN POV

Hazel Lucille. I cannot believe she came back. As I stare at her from across the meadow with Bella standing beside, she has never looked any more beautiful than now. I know Bella still doesn't know about Hazel and me. How she was my first love. Hazel and I started dating when we were still human at the age of 15. After two years, I disappeared after the Spanish Influenza when Carlisle turned me. I never saw her for months until we met again. We continued our relationship with her still human. She knew about me, about being a vampire but she didn't care. Like Bella, she wanted me to turn her. Like I did with Bella, I didn't want to risk her soul for my own selfish reasons. But unlike with Bella, I did end up changing Hazel. It was one night when we were making love and I lost control. I never forgave myself for that. She was a great and extraordinary newborn. She had never tasted human blood and never lost control until her parents got a ahold of her and she changed. That time when I saw her with the little blonde girl, I was disgusted, surprised and disappointed. So I left. But here she is now, right in front of me smiling at me with her beautiful lips as I stand there with my heart beating for her. I believe I have never got over her. It's true, I was the one who left but I didn't want to. My instincts just kicked in after the incident and took over what I felt for her. But now, it's all coming back. And it's wrong. Truly wrong.

"Edward," I heard her say. God, how I missed her. Her voice, her touch, everything.

I strode toward her and took her in my arms. "Hazel Lucille. Long time no see."

Then I remembered something. Or rather, someone. "I turned around and gestured toward Bella. "And this is Bella Swan."

I felt completely relaxed just as I always am when I'm with Hazel.

"Is she one of your adopted sisters. She's still human,"

Oh no. I can't do this right now. I just can't. I remained standing there for who know how long until..

"No. I'm his girlfriend," I heard Bella inform Hazel.

Oh god.

I looked at Hazel from the corner of my eyes and saw her glaring at Bella. Then she turned to me smiling. "Edward, I didn't expect you to have replaced me after all this years."

Ugh!! God! The two most important girls in my life have already met. I thing I have never expected to ever happen.

Then I felt Hazel touch my arm. Hazel has a special power too. Alice can see visions of the future. Jasper could control and feel the emotions of people around him and I could read people's minds. Well, except for Bella's mind. And Hazel, my Hazel, could show dreams and memories just by a touch of her hand. The picture she showed me was short flashbacks to when I proposed to her then something changed, The vision changed from my proposal to the incident. I saw Hazel sucking the life out of the little blonde girl's neck and I felt disgusted. I strode toward Bella and grabbed her and walked away. I have a lot of explaining to do.