Twist and Turns Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

EDWARD POV

It was Jacob and Bella was hanging on to his arm. I didnt know why but I actually don't mind that Bella is that close to Jacob. What is happening to him? Surely, I love Bella but last night, instead of Bella on my mind, it was Hazel instead. This couldn't be happening to me.

Jacob looked at me and nodded at me, acknowledging my presence. I started to nod back at him when he suddenly said the name of the girl who's been on my mind all day.

"I saw Hazel a while ago," Jacob told me, with a look of mocking on his eyes.

I slowly breathed in and out, trying to calm myself down before answering. "And what do you want Jacob?"

Jacob grabbed Bella's hand and held onto it as if trying to see whether I would get jealous by his gesture. But when he saw that I wasn't doing anything about it, he sighed and smiled at me broadly.

"Well, I saw that she was sleeping at the woods and even though, she's supposedly a strong, unbreakable vampire, she's as clumsy and weak as Bella. No offense, Bella."

Bella looked down as if dreading my answer.

"You," Jacob continued. "of all people should know that. Right? And I figured out since you know her, that maybe you'll let her stay here."

Emmett looked at me and said in that loud voice of his. "Bro, let her sleep here and maybe at night you could sneak in her room just like before."

I turned to Emmett and glared at him. How could he say that in front of Bella? When he realized what he just said, he smiled sheepishly at Bella and whispered, "Sorry."

Alice cleared her throat, trying to get our attention. "Um..I know I haven't told you guys but I actually saw her coming. I just...didn't know what you would say so I kept quiet about it."

I hated my sister for a split second there. For minutes, I didn't say anything. I wasn't quite sure what to say. Do I want her here or don't I?

"Are we gonna stay in this awkward silence thing or are we gonna make up our minds?" Jacob broke the silence. "I mean, right now the vamp girl is freezing over there."

Despite all the tension and all the things said, Bella managed to laugh at what Jacob had said. That dog!

I looked around at the worried faces of my family. Finally, I said, "Okay."

Jacob nodded but I could see a that he was trying not to smile.

'I know you still love her, Edward. You still love Hazel.' Jacob communicated with me with his thoughts.

I saw Jacob kiss Bella's forehead and was preparing to leave when he said. "Oh and you better tell Hazel she's finally invited here. And I must admit, for a vampire, she's a actually okay-for a vampire."

And for the first time since yesterday, I actually laughed.

-

I carried Hazel's slim body to the house, careful not to wake her up. I stared at her beautiful face, her lashes touching her eyes. I yearned to touch her so I bent down and gently brushed my lips against hers. For a second, I thought I saw her smile, but who knows? It was probably just my eyes playing with me. I laid her down on my bed and stared at her. She was my Hazel, my first love, the love of my life. But despite Bella and everything else in the world, deep down inside me, I knew that my love for Hazel was true and that one kiss that I gave her binded us again together, after all the years of separation. My other half was laying on bed beside me and after all these years, I was finally whole.