7| Gray Days*

"You know I like feisty but you have shown your disrespect to me and I have given you your chance but you mess that up, so right now, I'm gonna show you the result of your rude attitude, princess."

"Edward, I'm sorry but please let me go." I said as I'm squirming to break free. I was getting a little bit lightheaded being pinned to the wall. It's like all the dark pain I've felt finally going to hurt me again.

"What did you say? Let you go? You have hurt my ego and whatnot. Who do you think you are to be telling me that, you bitch?"

Suddenly all the pain I've tried to suppressed inside lashed out and I break down as the tears streamed down my face and I fall to my feet, whimpering. My face was in my hands and all I could see was flashes of pictures of what had Heath did to me. The way he slapped me and called me a whore and a bitch. It's a scary sight and to be reliving it once again makes me scared so much, I cried and all I could say was, "Pl...p..please let me...go...please."

Edward had somehow stop and he knelt down to face me, "If this is one of your trick, woman. You better stop," and when he realized I'm not faking it, he pulled me into a standing position as I was shaking in fear. He took my hand off my face and he wiped off the tears.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay? I was just trying to scare you, didn't expect that to happen." He said as he pulled me into a hug and my tears subsided.

He loosened the hug and wipe my tears away as he walked me to the door. As soon as the tears dried, I looked up at him with so much hatred as I see Heath in him. Eventhough he's not him, I still couldn't looked at him.

Without wasting my time, I quickly run for my life and eased the door shut as I run towards my next class. AP History.

As soon as I was at the front door of my class, I straightened my posture and plastered an apologetic smile on my face as I am really sorry for being late to class.

"Miss Adams, what's your excuse for being late?" The teacher asked me as I walk into the class and got all the eyes on me. So much for being a new student.

Being having a lot of blank spaces in my head, I had surrended on giving him any of that lame excuses and just say "No excuses, i was just being late. I'm sorry."

I saw the shock in his face as he look at me, guess no one have ever been so honest in this very school huh?

"Very well, get back to your seat, Miss Adams and before that let me sign your schedule." He said, smiling.

"Here." I gave him the paper.

"Look at her, shes so ugly"
"I will never let her sit with me."
"She look like a potential school slut."
"Shes beautiful."

I heard it all, as I was standing in front of the class. The insults that kills me that I die a little inside. It makes me think twice of how unworthy i am.

"Here you go. You can sit beside Mia."

"Mia? Who is Mia?" I hate it when teacher's thought that all the new students freaking know everyone here.

Suddenly, I saw a show of hand and walk towards the seat beside her. Apparantly the teacher, Mr Wilhem was not in the mood to teach today, so Mia decided to ask about myself.

"Hi, my name is Mia Avery William. What's yours?" She said looking excited.

"My name is Elizabeth Mary Adams. Nice to meet you, Mia. You look like a nice person, i hope we can be friends."

"Of course, we can. Sorry if this question bothers you but is that your original hair colour?"

"Yeah it is."

"I never know anyone who have brown-reddish hair and I swear its pretty." She said, reaching for my hair and continue "and its so smooth too."

"Stop touching her, Mia or you'll burn or get hurt." I heard someone saying from behind with trails of laughter.

"She could be a witch or demon, look at her hair!"

"THATS ENOUGH!" I said as I screamed and all the eyes are on me in an instant. Gawking, staring.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? DID YOU GUYS ATE SOMETHING SPICY TODAY BECAUSE I SWEAR YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES AND YOU, YOU AND YOU, I NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH? I DIDNT FUCKING DO ANYTHING TO YOU! DAMMNIT!" I laced out my venom, despite the need to cry, I knew better not to show them I'm weak.

Before anyone could speak, the bell rings and i stomped out of the classroom without a second glance on anyone.

"Beth, ELIZABETH!" I heard Jace's voice calling after me as I was running with tears towards a direction I don't know.

"ELIZABETH!"

He's cathing up to me and suddenly he outpaced me and his face was replaced with worry as he saw my tears. "What happened, baby?"

I wish I could go home now and cry in my dad's arm like a little girl about how mean the people are to me but I have no daddy and my mum are up to god knows what. I'm stuck and now I have to face Jace, what is life all about really.

"Nothing, it was a really bad day and I need to eat please." I said as I pushed past him but he was a hunk so he catch me and hug me abruptly.

"Jace, please."

"Let's go eat." He said as he loosened the hug and we walk to the cafeteria and sit together.

The day went worse that I've ever imagined. All the stares and whisper are killing me but I survived and all the pain at school was replaced with relief as I saw my mum making dinner looking hale and hearty as I walk inside the house that was clean as a button. I guess the day was not bad after all.