Chapter 5 "A Rude Jeremy"

Maria's POV
98 days now.
Wednesday June 3
"Ver, c'mon purple is so going to look great on me for the wedding."

"Maria. This is my wedding and honestly I don't want it loud."

"So me wearing purple as your chief bridesmaid is gonna make it loud?"I asked very confused.

Veronica laughed.

"No I just don't want you attracting your celebrity family to my wedding and also I don't want you more beautiful than the bride."

I laughed hard.

"Someone is scared that Maria Kate Duple is going to steal the shine on that day" I said as she elbowed me.

"You always steal the shine everywhere you are. You can't blame me" Veronica protested.

"Alright then. Peach would be perfect." I said grinning happily.

"Yes Maria August 23rd is gonna be beyond words" Veronica said smiling.

"Well I have my afternoon shift at the hospital today so I gotta leave now." Ver said

"Noooo... don't leave me" I whined as she stood up packing her bag.

"Don't you have any appointments" Ver asked.

"Lisa said I needed enough rest so she cleared me off for this week." I said lying fully on the couch.

"K. Bye" Veronica said as she left.

Now what would I do. I promised Caroline a visit.

I debated whether or not to change my dressing.
I look perfect on the jeans and turtle neck top, I didn't forget the sunglasses and my jeans baseball cap.
Then I decided to take a walk there.

Maybe on my way back I'd visit my mom. But that's 40mins by car. Maybe another day.

It was afternoon and the restaurant was full but Jeremy wasn't in I tried to signal to Caroline and she saw me and ran outside.

"You really came back" she said sounding so surprised.

"I always fulfill my promise."

"This is like a dream come true."

"Aren't you meant to be at school?" I asked.

"Well its book day in school today and tomorrow so we are free." She replied.

" Caroline get back in here." Someone yelled from inside.

"Oh mehn, that's my mum I gotta go. I have plenty of work before Jeremy gets back"

"Alright, sadly I have a lot of time this week so we could talk." I said smiling.

"Oh wow! I'd be honored." She said as she began to scribble words on an order note. Then she handed it over to me.

" I hope this isn't asking for too much. It's my house address, pls do visit. I'd be home earlier tomorrow Wednesday"

"No dear, this isn't asking for too much. I will visit."

Then she walked back to the restaurant. The house address is even close by but I wasn't ready to disclose that information just yet.

I began walking, to unknown destinations just familiarizing myself with the streets, till someone threw a stone at me.

I looked back and it was a guy but he was wearing a face cap so I couldn't see the face.

"What did you do that for uh?" I said.

"I'm here now." He said

"What? And so?" I spoke

"If I were you I wouldn't say that" he said as he walked closer to me.