Chapter 9: Sleeping together

After Law had finished cleaning up in the bathroom, he settled himself outside on a bench on the Sunny's deck. Ever since they travelled together, Law had been sleeping outside at night. Not that he minded. He didn't sleep a lot anyway.

He lazily watched the ocean, trying to block out all the sounds around him. He came to the conclusion that he was indeed in love with the straw hat captain. How that had happened, he didn't know.

How could he even fall in love with that idiot? Luffy is the total opposite of him. Well, maybe that's why. Aren't we naturally attracted to people who are different from ourselves?

Law scanned the deck. It was getting late so most of the crew had already gone to bed. He let his eyes fall on Luffy who was sitting on the Sunny's head. The effects of the medicine still hadn't worn off so he was still in his neko form. Law kinda hoped he would stay like this for a little while longer. It only made him look even more adorable then he already is.

Luffy then turned around to look at him, as if sensing Law's eyes on him. He smiled and stood up, making his way towards the surgeon.

"Yo traffy!", he grinned as he sat down next to Law. "Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing much.", he replied.

Luffy crossed his legs and made himself more comfortable against Law's side. "Are you going to sleep outside again?", he asked.

Law nodded, "Yeah."

"You could just sleep with us inside ya know.", Luffy said, putting his hands behind his head nonchalantly. "It's so lonely to sleep here."

"I don't mind sleeping outside.", Law shrugged and turned his head to watch the waves again.

The straw hatted captain pouted and looked up at the sky, which now was becoming darker.

"As the captain I have a room for my own, but I don't use it though, I like sleeping with my nakama more.", he smiled, turning to face Law again. "You can use my room if you want."

That's not a bad idea... he liked to have privacy so having a room for his own sounded really nice. "Alright. If you don't mind then I'll gladly use it."

"Shishishi sure!" he said happily and jumped up, "Let's go!"

"Wait... you're sleeping with me?"

"Well yeah. Or would you rather sleep alone?", Luffy asked, rather sadly.

Law couldn't say no to that adorable face of his. Not like he wanted to say no anyway. If Luffy wanted to sleep with him then he'll be happy to accept. Okay that sounded wrong. He shook his head as dirty images started popping in his head at the thought of that. Of course Luffy didn't mean it like that.

"N-no it's fine... Let's go."

"Yosh!", Luffy grinned and grabbed Law's hand, making him follow towards the captain's room. They both entered and Law was surprised with how big the room was. What a shame he never uses it.

Luffy sat down on the edge of the king-sized bed and took off his hat and sandals. Law then did the same, placing his hat on the bed side table and his coat on the ground. He sat down and looked at Luffy, who already snuggled under the blankets.

The second Law laid down, Luffy circled his arms around him. Law fought away a blush as he tried to make himself more comfortable in Luffy's arms. They ended up laying more on each other than actually next to each other. But Law didn't really mind.

Luffy yawned and placed his head on the crook of Law's neck, inhaling slowly. "Torao... smells nice", he mumbled tiredly.

"I-is that so...", Law said embarrassed. Luffy could say such stupid things, yet, it always made his heart race. Maybe that's what Law liked about him.

Law glanced at him and noticed that he was already sleeping. How can someone fall asleep the minute they get in bed?

He unconsciously lifted his arm and started running his hand through the boy's silky hair, occasionally rubbing the soft cat ears. This earned a soft purring sound from the younger captain. Seriously, why was this kid so damn cute?

He sighed and shut his eyes, waiting to fall asleep himself.

"Goodnight, mugiwara-ya."

A/N: soooo sorry for not updating sooner. (I'm so lazy) this is a pretty short chapter and I think I could've written it better but I really wanted to publish it today cuz I'm going on vacation again so I won't be able to write for some time (again).

But thanks for reading :)
(Vote and comment if you liked it~)