Chapter Five: White Lights

Autumn's P.O.V

I saw an accident happen on the road, a car and truck smashed into each other. I took out my phone and called Kadey but it said that she was unavailable. The Police and Ambulance started to arrive to the scene, I walked over to see the happening and my eyes grew big as I saw them getting my sister out of the car. I immediately called Mom and Dad and told them everything, they arrived as quickly as I thought and they talked to the people handling this. Mom hugged me and we all were now following the Ambulance to the hospital.

I'm sorry Kadey I'm sorry Kadey I'm sorry Kadey

I kept chanting those words. This is all my fault, if I hadn't rushed her then she wouldn't be in this kind of state.

"I'm so sorry" I brushed my hair back with my hands.

"Hon, it's not your fault don't worry" Mom held my hand reassuring me.

***

When we got to the hospital, they all hurriedly brought Kadey to the Emergency room. We sat outside waiting for her, we waited for hours.

The reason why I asked Kadey to pick me up is because Vic and I were in an argument and I being quite impulsive sometimes told him to go home which he followed.

I texted Vic, Braden and Sam about this whole thing and a few hours later they all arrived.

"What happened?" They all asked in unison.

"She got into a car accident as she was about to pick me up" I said looking at Vic who apologized and I did too.

"All we have to do now is wait" I told them. We sat down, anxiety rushing through us. Once we saw the doctor come out Mom and Dad immediately talked to him while we stood behind them.

"She's in a critical state" Mom covered her mouth preventing tears to pour. Dad put his arm around Mom and comforted her.

"Can we visit her though?" Braden asked.

"Doc said two people can for the moment" Dad answered.

"You two should go we'll just stay out here" I said.

"Okay" Mom and Dad went to her room and the four of us waited.

---

I couldn't move it was like I was paralyzed. I heard people talking but it's not clearly said.

"Kadey...honey..."

"Please wake up dear"

Everything started to become white and there were lights leading me to a path so I followed.

As I followed the lights the path was starting to have color and the voices were getting louder.

"Kadey...Kadey...wake up please"

"I am here" I said but it went off as a whisper.

As I reached the dead end, my eyes grew big and I started to scream.

"KADEY!" A group of people rushed to my side.

"Who are...you?" I asked, they all were looking at me with pity.

"As I suspected..." A Doctor walked in.

"What do you mean?" This old man asked.

"She wasn't wearing a seat belt when she was driving and as she hit the truck her head hit the stirring wheel very hard making her lose her memories" The Doctor explained.

"What?!" A young girl exclaimed.

"I'm sorry for the bad news. She'll be staying here until she recovers. Excuse me I have to go" Everyone was in total shock and I honestly don't remember everything. So are they my family and friends? Is this really happening to me?