4 Steps Away

Are you ever just 4 steps away from your goals, but you have to sit for a moment because your body is failing you? You passed through many trials with success! Some of those were close calls, but you dragged yourself closer to your current goal! The demons in your head keep you in your seated position and tell you you can't do it. You really wish that weren't true. Maybe it's not true. If you try to talk louder than the demons, you might be able to grasp the next step! You do! You have this step in your two hands! You start to actually believe in yourself. You aren't lying to yourself. You actually think you can do this! You conquer, yet another, step towards your journey! But wait. You still have three more before you reach the top. Doesn't matter! You can get through this again! You won't let your head slow you down! Though, your body is weak. You're out of breath. You try to hold your head up high, but even your neck disobeys. You're sitting down three steps away from victory. To most, this would be an easy thing to accomplish, but to you, it's like you're dragging your body through the depths of Hell! You've become drowsy because your body is worn out. All you want to do is reach the top before you get that well deserved rest! Sadly, you can't. You need to stay. All you can think about is what you're missing out on. Your family is at a concert while you're sitting here struggling to accomplish such a "basic task". Your best friend is reaching their goals without you. You admit defeat whilst the dark forces around you take over. It's over. You can't go on. You shed, what would appear to be, your last tear. You're done for... Though, through the dark mist you see a light. That light is showing you a hand. That hand looks so familiar, but seems so far. "It's only three steps away" you tell yourself "I might be able to reach it!" Though your body is telling you no and the demons in your head are shouting, you lift your weak arm towards that strangely familiar hand. It pulls you through the hardships ahead and up the last 3 steps. You sigh a sigh of relief and the darkness fades away. You weren't going through a big adventure or anything, but to you it was so hard! You look around for that guiding hand and there is no one in sight. Could that hand have been a sign? Could this all have been in your head? Or was it you, who faced every step on your own? Maybe you had to imagine a higher being to be able to find your inner strength. Or maybe it was God. Whatever you believe is true as long as you followed the path to be the real you!