Chapter 3

The iron taste on his lips made him madder than he already was. The Demon craved for blood for years and the sudden alluring smell and taste of it from the young man drove him to the corner of his self control. It gotten weak, his self control as if he really has it, to the point he bit Arthit's tongue so he could draw more of his blood. He needed more.

More! MORE! MORE!

The Demon King couldn't hold it any longer, hastly pulling the young man's body closer to him, as if it wasn't already, they ascend and flew out of the crumbling state of the Kingdom leaving everything behind them.

---

"Why do you taste so familiar and different at the same time?" Suthilak asked after giving Arthit a breath. That's a given of course after licking every droplet of blood he could have from him. He didn't want to let go, he wanted to savor the taste he was suddenly addicted to, but if he didn't control his own desires, he'll drain and kill the young man and his questions would remain questions forever.

There was something in him the King couldn't pin point and that something was driving him crazy towards Arthit. There was a continuous pull he couldn't stop even if he wanted to. A part of him was urging him to get the man. He did even if he doesn't know why...yet.

He was in doubt earlier of what the sudden attraction was all about. To him, Arthit felt like a puzzle piece he didn't know was missing until he met him. The emptiness he was having all those years, even before his friends brutally killed, couldn't be filled even though he could get them easily. Yet, with a single interaction of the human in front of him, he suddenly felt completed. Complete in a sense of 'everything else didn't matter anymore'. Even the raging demon part inside Suthilak started to calm down.

But it never calmed down. Not once. Why now? Why him?

Who really are you? Arthit from the human race? Are you just 'Arthit'?

On the other hand, innocent of the Demon's confusion, the human lad thought he was dying due to lack of air, luckily for him the King noticed it and pushed him gently. As much as he enjoyed it, he needed to breathe. His lungs were incapable of handling the King, yet.

"I don't know," Arthit answered when his breathing became normal, flushed face but his eyes were demanding for more. The kiss was not enough.

In doubts since he met him, the King believed him in an instant. It was like he was enchanted to believe whatever he say even though he didn't have any 'trust' in his race.

Humans tend to bend the truth for their own good and it was one of the traits he despised. Nevertheless, instead of getting worried over his realization, he was amused. He lived for so long now, hundreds and hundreds of years, yet it was the first time he was truly entertained by a mere human. More than entertained if he could just be honest with himself.

"Am I that familiar?" Arthit asked him this time and Suthilak didn't miss the tease on his tone. Both of them were from different time and race and the guts Arthit had could've get him killed on the spot, but it was Arthit the Demon was talking about, he would let it slide, for now and maybe for a long time he just doesn't know it at the moment.

The King studied Arthit trying to formulate an answer as to understand why he tasted familiar. He knew he never had him in the past for he could remember every blood he had before so how...why? He would remember him if he had him but it was the first time he tried his blood. It tasted like the others and yet it was different. It was sweet and minty, too sweet for the Demon's liking but he just couldn't get enough. MORE!

It was a handful of seconds when the idea hit him.

"How old are you?" He asked, bending down licking the the human's cheeks.