Chapter 3 - Frozen

‘Oh!’ Liam gasped, pulling open the conservatory door, ‘Harry! Oh my God! Get in! Get inside!’

But Harry didn’t move, he stayed put under his few blankets, half frozen to the spot, half wanting attention for once, and for a good thing. His limbs felt like they were frozen solid, his hair which was only curly were stuck, straight, to his forehead. His eyelids were heavy with lack of sleep and cold. 

Liam rushed outside, his bare feet getting injured on the wet, gravelling ground. He nudged Harry, desperate for a response, but he only received Harry's head lolling from being propped against the wall to his shoulder.

Liam pushed his arms under Harry’s body, keeping the blankets around him. He lifted the thin boy, and put him down on the sofa.

‘Louis! Niall! Zayn! Get in here! NOW!’ Liam screeched at the top of his voice, panic bubbling inside him.

Harry’s face was ashen white, his eyelids half closed. He was shivering uncontrollably, his muscles tensed and stiff.

Zayn stumbled into the room sleepily, with his duvet wrapped around his shoulders, rubbing his eyes like a little kid. ‘What do you want?’ he mumbled falling backwards onto a chair, closing his eyes again, ‘It’s so early!’ he complained.

By early, he means the morning, and by the morning, he means ten o’clock. He can be pathetic sometimes, Liam thought, shaking his head.

He clicked his fingers in front of Zayn's face to grab Zayn’s attention again, and it worked instantly. The clicking sound goes straight through Zayn, he hates it with burning passion.

‘Zayn! Just look!’ he exclaimed frantically, waving his hands at Harry, ‘What do we do…’

‘Oh my God’ Zayn knelt down by the sofa, ‘What was he doing outside?!’

‘I… I sent him out there because I was angry… After he was being awful to Niall and Lou... And I forgot about him… All night!’ Liam stuttered, almost crying.

‘You did what?! There was thunder last night! And lightening! Hail...’ Zayn shouted as he pulled the blankets off Harry, and threw his duvet over him, ‘Harry? Say something?’

At that moment, Niall and Louis walked into the room, both stopping in the doorway gobsmacked at the sight of Harry.

‘Z-zayn..?’ Harry said weakly, ‘I’m cold…’

He started to shiver again. To Niall, it looked a little fake...

‘Zayn, come on, we’ll go get some more blankets for him’ Liam said hurriedly, leaving the room with Zayn trailing behind him.

‘I better go get him some clean clothes…’ Louis said, following the others out.

‘Niall?’ he said from the sofa, his voice suddenly back to normal, not shaking or weak at all since they were alone.

‘What.’ Niall said coldly, walking over to him.

‘Oooo, what’s up with you? Upset you can't have more kisses like last night?’

‘Urgh! For god’s sake!’ Niall exclaimed, throwing himself backwards onto the sofa as the others came back into the room.

Liam and Zayn fussed over Harry, getting him everything he asked for, being extra nice to him, shouting at the other two if they were ‘mean’ to him, as they put it.

‘Niall, can I please have some water?’ Harry asked, his voice sickly sweet, purposely weak and shaky, only to get more attention from Liam and Zayn.

Niall grimaced, but with a look from Liam, he got up to do it. He didn’t bother putting ice in it or making it cold, he just ran the hot tap into a grubby, dirty glass and took it to Harry.

Harry took it ‘gratefully’, and when Liam wasn’t looking, he threw Niall a smirk and a wink.

‘You’re so annoying. I hope you know that’ Niall whispered loudly, before storming out of the room.

-o-

‘Guys! Tomorrow is our last day out here! We’re back in work tomorrow’ Zayn groaned, falling back into his chair.

‘Well, we better make the most of it’ Harry exclaimed, after his quick recovery of ‘freezing to death’, only Niall knew better.

Zayn handed Harry another clean blanket.‘How did you get those all blankets if Liam had locked you out?’ Zayn asked.

‘What those?’ Harry replied, pointing at the pile of wet blankets in the corner.

He was playing dumb, very obviously.

‘Well duh’

‘Oh…’ he glanced at Niall with a grin, ‘Well, I don't remember much obviously' he started, getting an 'awww' from Liam, 'But I think that N-’

‘Guys! Paul is calling!’ Louis shouted quickly, getting everyones attention from Harry’s answer to him.

Harry leaned towards Niall, ‘You were lucky that time, Horan. But just wait.’ 

‘Let’s go out partying!’ Zayn joked, getting up and doing his sexy lap dance to make them all laugh, which he succeeded in.

‘Alright’ Harry agreed, taking him seriously.

‘Really?’ Liam asked.

‘And get drunk’ he added.

‘Fine…’

‘Cheer up Li, you can get some gurrrlllssss’ Louis said, giving Liam a slap.

Liam’s hand flew to his face, ‘Ow! Lou that hurt!’ and pulled his hand away, and gave Louis an over-exaggerated look of pride, ‘And already have a girl, I have Danielle’

‘Pfft fine then’

‘There’s a club not too far from here, it seems pretty popular’

‘Okay, well, let’s each our… What’s the mix of tea and lunch? You know, instead of brunch?’ Liam asked, confused.

‘You could have just said late lunch’ Zayn told him cheekily, ruffling his hair and wandering into the kitchen.

-o-

‘Ready boys?’ Liam asked, standing in the doorway of the club.

‘Ready’ Harry replied.

‘Readyy!!!!’ Louis shouted, getting a few funny looks.

‘Yup’ Niall nodded.

‘You’re like the inbetweeners gang. God, why do I hang out with you all’ Zayn laughed, pushing past them and going into the club.