1.1

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

AMBER STOOD UNCOMFORTABLY in the doorway of the lab as the Avengers in front of her discussed the recent attack. The girl stared at a metal corpse lying across a slab of metal in the corner of the lab. Amber shivered just looking at the robot's hollow and broken body. A very tense Tony Stark, standing over the table that the robot was laid across. The girls eyes shifted from the robot before landing on a table sparse of any items and materials. The girl quietly slipped into the room and hopped top of it, crossing her legs in the process.

"All our work is gone" Bruce spoke, the mans voice was laced with melancholy as he looked towards Tony. "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron" Steve scoffed, his eyebrows furrowed as if still trying to process the previous fight.

"He's been in everything, Files, Surveillance " Natasha announced, looking up from the computer she sat in front of. "He probably knows more about us than what we know about each other."

A man, who Amber recognized to be Rhodey, walked towards the center of the room. "He's in your files, your internet, What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" He theorised, his arms folding.

"Nuclear codes." Maria stated, her voice fading at the mere thought.

"Nuclear codes." Rhodey repeated, trying to let the word sink in. "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes?" Natasha questioned before shaking her head. "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say dead, he said extinct" Steve interrupted, his toneless voice making Amber wince at his words.

"He also said he killed somebody..." Clint added, gripping the railing he was holding, even tighter than before.

"There wasn't anybody else in the building apart from her." Maria replied pointing at Amber, who was sitting quietly and mindlessly fiddling with her fingers.

"Yes there was," Tony spoke up, walking towards the empty space in the center of the lab before he flicked his phone. An orange hologram glitched as it appeared in front of them, but it looked odd, as if different pieces were missing. Amber watched curiously as it continued to shift and change.

"What?!" Bruce exclaimed, although his voice was quiet, circling the hologram in shock. "This is insane."

Steve cleared his throat, "J.A.R.V.I.S was the first line of defence" he said, looking down with his arms crossed tightly. "He would've shut down Ultron. It makes sense."