Chapter 5

Hello all, I'm very sorry for not updating in forever, but I have a special announcement.

Percy POV

After the whole "Tyler incident" nothing of note really happened until a couple weeks later.
Annabeth and I zeta-beamed into the cave, with hopes for a relaxing evening, with no such luck. Honestly, by now we should have known better.
The cave was filled with smoke, and fire, my skin immediately crying out against the heat. I couldn't see anything, much less the fireball that smacked me in the face, making making my vision go dark.

Annabeth POV

"Percy!" He out cold before he hit the floor. From my quick glance, I guessed severe concussion, and some burns on his face.
I turned back to the cloud of smoke. I was a sitting duck right here, and as much as it pained me, Percy was dead weight. I rolled, dodging another fiery volley.
A humanoid figure emerged from the smoke, and carried Percy off. My eyes widened with anger, an enraged scream building in my throat. But, I shoved it down.
Escape now, save Percy later, I thought. I ducked into a hallway, dodging fireballs all the way.
To my suprise, I found Artemis and Robin hiding in the showers.
"Guys, the water," I yelled, the thick smoke nearly choking me.
"10-4," Robin replied as he began turning on the faucets. The water began forcing the fire back, but I almost fell when I skidded to a stop on the wet floor.
"What happened to Percy?" Artemis asked, her chest heaving.
I face palmed. "He got hit in the face with a fireball, and some... thing dragged him away. He's still alive... I think," I answered, calming my breathing. Right now I had to think. C'mon, Annabeth, use that big brain of yours, I thought. But, no sooner had I halfway formulated a plan, did the faucets start to creak.
Suddenly, there was too much water coming out of showers. I barely had time to squeak, "Uh-oh," before the pipes burst.
We bolted, but a tidal wave of water caught up with us in no time. I gathered in a breath, before being slammed under water.
When I finally got myself oriented, Robin had left a trail of explosives in his wake. My eyes went wide, and I frantically swam after him, but got slammed into a wall anyway.
We ducked into a air duct, all of us gasping for air. "Who is attacking us?" Artemis asked, her voice edging on hyperventilation.
"You're welcome to ask them," I responded, catching my breath. "My question is why didn't they kill Percy? He was unconcious, and they just... carried him off." Robin contemplated this. I suspected a hostage sotuation, but what did they want from us?
"We should probably keep moving," Robin murmured. I nodded, following his lead.
"If it's a hostage situation, they would probably hold them in the main part of the cave," I ventured, thinking aloud. "And since their androids, an EM pulse should do the trick."
Robin nodded with me, continuing to navigate through the air ducts. "Yeah, and the only way to get an EM pulse is the generator... inside the main part of the cave." I groaned in frustration, my brain already ticking away at the possibilities.

I am very sorry for not updating, and because I feel I can't update enough to satisfy my readers, I've decided to put this book up for adoption. E-mail me at megansouthern8427@gmail.com, use my profile here on Wattpad, or comment.
I'm sorry I haven't updated, and I would ask that if you would like to adopt the story, please keep the beginning (a.k.a my work) in tact. Thank you for being so patient with me.