Finley's Birthday part 3

Toni's POV:

It's now almost 9 pm and the party is still in full swings. I step back a moment and just take everything in. I'm so grateful for all the people we have in our lives. I know that if something was ever to happen to Cheryl and me, our kids will be alright. I know it's not something you should think about, but knowing that Cher and I both lost our families in tragic ways, it's not something I can just ignore.  

I look over to our big table and see Veronica and Archie all cuddled up with their youngest daughter Sara on their lap. Sara is the same age as Josie and they both get along really well. Taylor, their older daughter is the same age as the twins. She is really sweet and shy but also lots of trouble. Archie and Veronica are godparents to Rose and we are godmothers to both Sara and Taylor.

 Betty and Jug's kids, Lesley, Thomas, and Clara are all a bit older. Betty got pregnant at the age of 18 and had Lesley. Only two years after Thomas came along. Their youngest Clara is now the same age as Finley.  Betty and Jug are Finley's godparents and we are godmothers to Clara. 

Sweets and Josie had a bit of a rough start. They got back together after finishing college. Josie's mom soon lost her life in a really tragic car accident, leaving her alone. Sweets immediately took her in and the rest is history. Jordan is Jason's best friend for life. Josie and Sweet Pea are also Jason's and Josephine's godparents. Alexandra and Benjamin were adopted when they were only 3 years old. They found them beaten up near Sweetwater River and immediately fell in love with them. Cheryl and I are their godmothers. 

Fangs and Kevin. They are the best dad's out there. They really wanted to get kids but you know it's a little hard being two gay men. So they also decided to adopt. They flew all the way to Europe to adopt triplets, they recently found on a page about abandoned children. They immediately fell in love and took them home. They are now the same age as Rose and the sweetest kids out there. Fangs and Kevin are Rowan's godfathers. You see Fangs was the first one to hold Rose after she got out of surgery and she immediately stopped crying in his arms. 

Last but not least we have Polly. Her twins Juniper and Dagwood are the oldest of all the kids. Juniper looks like a mixture of Polly, Betty, and Cheryl. She has the same face as the Cooper sisters but slightly red hair like the Blossoms. Dagwood, on the other hand, looks like a  splitting image of Jason himself. If you compare pictures of them at the same age, you could definitely say that he IS in fact, Jason. I know Cheryl sees it too. Sometimes, when she is addressing him, she accidentally calls him Jason instead of Dagwood. He doesn't seem to care, because he never corrects her. I think he knows exactly how much she misses him. They always seem to end up talking about Jason. Both Juniper and Dagwood love hearing stories about their father and Cher loves talking about him. 

I get pulled out of my thoughts by a gentle tug on my dress. I look down and see my precious daughter Josie looking up at me with tired eyes. 

"Up mom, please?" she says while stretching her arms up for me to hold her. I obviously take her in my arms and she immediately cuddles into my neck. I rub her back gently while walking over to the others. 

"You tired baby?", I ask her, already knowing the answer. She just hums as an answer and cuddles more into me. 

"Cold mom," she tells me already half asleep. Cheryl hears and grabs a blanket from inside. She lays it over her and sits down next to me, cuddling into my other side. She gently but protectively lays her arm around Josie and starts rubbing her back. In a matter of five minutes, I can hear Josie adorably snoring into my neck. I look over to Cheryl and just admire her beauty. The sun is setting and makes her look even redder. Like it's on fire. Her face is glowing and her laugh is gentle as she listens to Fangs' telling a funny story about Tom. I can't describe the love I feel for her. I am so lucky to have her in my life. I would be lost without her. She catches me, watching her and gently places a sweet kiss on my lips, smiling onto my lips. We pull apart and just stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds. I can see my past, present, and future in her big brown orbs and I hope it will never change. 

The kids are still playing in the pool. Finley's friends got picked up a while ago. Now it's just the "cousins" and siblings playing. 

Getting our backyard renewed was the best idea we ever had. There is something for everyone. The little kids and the bigger ones. Heck, even Cheryl and I will have a blast just relaxing and playing with the kids. Finley, Thomas, Benjamin, and Tom are all battling each other on who can do the best backflip. Rose, Alexandra, Sara, and Julie are just laying around on the sunchairs, talking and laughing. I'm really glad to finally see Rosie smiling again. I know she had a rough couple of days at school but it looks like she finally realized that she already has the best friends she could ask for. Those four girls have always been inseparable and as they got older, their bond became stronger and stronger. 

I can see Rowan and Jason laying on the trampoline, looking up at the now black sky. They have been talking for a while now so I'm assuming, Ro is coming out to him. I know that his opinion means the world to her and I know that Jason would never disown her. He loves her with all his heart and soul. What they say is true. Twins definitely do share a special bond. I also know that Cheryl and her twin brother Jason were really close. I wish he never had to leave this world so young. I wish I could have met him. I know Cheryl loved, still loves, him with all her heart. The first few years she couldn't talk about him without crying. Now she is just happy to tell stories about Jason. 

Cheryl always made sure to tell the kids how great of a man Jason was and how important it is to stick together as siblings. She never really talks about Clifford and Penelope a lot. The kids know about what they did and how abusive they were to Cheryl. Penelope did get to meet the twins but after saying how much Rowan looks like Cheryl and that she probably is the same deviant child, we made sure that she never sees them again. Also if something was to happen to us, Penelope would never get a hold of the kids. We made sure that she stays out of their lives forever. 

It is sad that our children do not really have grandparents. You see, my mom killed herself when I was ten years old and my dad went to prison a year later. My grandfather did meet the twins and Rose but soon died afterward. Alice however really stepped up and proclaimed herself as their grandmother. She truly was and still is a great help. We know that we can always count on her when things get rough. She is the closest to a grandmother our kids will ever have but she loves them more than their grandparents by blood ever could.

I know that our kids are the luckiest. Having all those people in their lives, who love them uncondicionally is a gift. 

Plus having each other is the biggest gift ever. 

I love them all with everything I have in me and I wouldn't change it for the world.