Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

You should have been Sleeping

"Is everyone else asleep?" Gwen asks, sitting up on the couch and turning down the blaring television. I look around, only Alan, Rolland, and Isa remain in the room: Isa is asleep in Alan's arms and Alan is asleep in Rolland's arms. The others retired to their rooms.

"Let's play a prank of the idiots." Gwen's grin becomes malicious and she gets up from the couch but the second her foot touches the ground, Alan's eyes open.

"Drat." She mutters as Alan yawns and looks down at Isa and then to Gwen,

"Where can Isa sleep?"

"In my room, I'll show you the way." She grumbles as Alan stands up, leaving Rolland alone on the floor and following Gwen up the stairs, carrying Isa. They return a little later and Gwen grabs my arm.

"Alan, setup a new movie since we're awake now, I need to borrow Stein." She leads me to her room and throws open the closet as dramatically and quietly (since Isa is in the room) as possible.

"I have pajamas for you." She says, throwing a bundle of cloth at me, "Put them on." She motions towards her walk in closet and I enter it, closing the door so I can change.

"I can't wear this." I call to her, it's too small and revealing.

"Yes, yes you can. What's wrong with it?"

"It's very uncomfortable, all I want to do it take it off." I pull at an itchy strap, as though it will somehow become less uncomfortable if I fiddle with it.

"Well that would actually be the point so I guess it's good then. Come out I want to see."

"No." I reply, grabbing my clothing from the floor to put it back on,

"Come out or I'll open the door."

"But Gwen-"

"You have three seconds." I frantically look around, spotting a robe and pulling it on before stepping out of the closet.

"See what was all the fuss for, wait, that's not part of the pajama set." She narrows her eyes at the robe.

"But the pajama set is just a weird pair of underwear with itchy lace and strange cutouts." I protest.

"Fine fine." She sighs and I let out a breath of relief. I'm about to head back downstairs when she tackles me, "I don't know what you're trying to hide but it had better just be that you're super flat chested and don't want me to see your bra insertions." I try to push her off of me and she resists, causing us to roll around for a good five minutes before we give up.

"This...is...too much...work..." I pant, trying to catch my breath.

"Ha...what a...novice...I...win." Gwen replies, holding up a sash. My robe's sash. I notice the robe itself on the ground a few meters away an make a desperate bid for it but Gwen sweeps it off of the floor and clutches it to her chest, victory burning in her eyes.

I cross my arms over my stomach and stand up, glaring at her (attempting at least).

"You look like you swallowed a lemon. What's wrong, that looks great on you? I bet Alan would agree with me." A perverted smile finds its way onto her face and I remember talk of pranks.

"Are you using me to embarrass my boyfriend, your future brother-in-law? Because I'm absolutely on board with that but, I would just rather we use a method other than me showing approximately seventy-five percent of my skin."

"Guilty as charged. My future brother-in-law shall suffer dearly for his sins. And I would rather embarrass him like this, you're overruled and therefore must wear the lingerie."