Painting Twelve

When Vincent came home he could hear the bath running. Assuming that Adrian was in there, he left him alone. Something told him in his gut that Adrian shouldn't be bothered. He wasn't sure why that was the case but decided to follow that feeling. Instead of speaking to Adrian through the door, he decided to begin cooking something. He was starving. Unfortunately, his barren kitchen had other ideas. It looked like he had to either order takeout or go get groceries. Considering that Adrian seemed to be occupied at the moment, he went to go buy some fast food. He was too lazy to actually get groceries but he wasn't lazy enough to order delivery. 

"Uny," Vincent's voice called through the door, "I'm assuming you're in there. I'm going out to get some food. I should be back by the time you're done."

Adrian threw his clothes into a clothes bin and sat in the tub. He turned off the water and rested his head on his knees. He hadn't been planning on taking a bath but things had turned out that way in some way or another. The water was nice and warm. He found himself nodding off. That wasn't going to end well. He had to snap out of it. Vincent would return at any moment now. 

"Are you still in there?" Vincent asked. Adrian flinched. The guy had returned quicker than he thought he would. Maybe it was time for him to face him. Adrian got out of the tub and drained the water. He grabbed a towel and dried himself quickly. He was hungry. He didn't even bother to put on clothes. He just wrapped the towel around his waist and walked out. Vincent was standing there, his hand had been hovering over the doorknob, but now it was dangerously close to Adrian. 

"Do you want to eat?" Vincent held up a bag. He was trying not to think about how close he was to touching Adrian. Normally this wouldn't bother him but today he wasn't himself. 

The two wandered into the living room and sat down at the table awkwardly. Vincent got plates and silverware for them both. The quietness of everything was unbearable. Vincent didn't know what to say. Adrian couldn't speak but even if he could he didn't have a clue about what he would say. The things that had taken place over the past couple of days were all way too abnormal. Grell came over and it was the first time Adrian had seen someone else besides himself inside Vincent's apartment. Then there was the whole kidnapping. Not to mention Adrian's thoughts about Vincent that were less than kid-friendly. He was a mess. No, their whole relationship was a mess. Adrian had forgotten about how possessive he was even before all this happened. What was wrong with him? Why couldn't he be more normal?

"Did you have an affair?" Vincent asked. Adrian nearly spit out his food. What? Why would Vincent ask such a thing? Adrian never left the apartment. He was too scared to walk around on his own. Not to mention he didn't like the way people looked at him on the street.

"Sorry, that was kind of a strange thing to ask," Vincent said. He put down his fork and began to look at Adrian's body. He was still wearing just a towel. Worst decision of his life. "You don't have any kiss marks on you, so I guess that isn't it," Vincent held his head in his hands. Adrian didn't understand what his problem was. There was no way Adrian would cheat on Vincent. Adrian didn't even know anyone other than Vincent. Well, he knew Grell, technically, but he didn't really like him. 

"It's just," Vincent paused, "you smell like sex," Vincent didn't know how else to explain it. Adrian looked at the ground and tried to hide his red face. That was impossible. Vincent had already seen it. 

"What's gotten into you?" Vincent asked. There was no way for Adrian to explain the situation. He didn't want to. However, if he didn't Vincent would definitely get the wrong idea about everything. 

"No way," Vincent stood up with such force that his chair fell over. "Were you..." Vincent didn't want to say the rest. "I can't believe it," Vincent sat in a corner and curled up in a ball. He looked like his life force was slowly leaving him. Adrian almost thought he could see Vincent's soul escape his mouth. 

"My pure Uny has been defiled in his dreams and all I can think about is if it was me. Why am I jealous of myself? What did I do to you? Maybe I should take notes. I want to die. Why am I thinking about things like this? Someone kill me. Here I was wondering if you were cheating on me but actually you were just cheating on me with me in some dream world. Or maybe you weren't even dreaming. Maybe you were just awake and masturbating like a healthy adult. Someone kill me. Why am I like this? What if it wasn't even me and you really do have a secret lover somewhere? I want to die," Vincent rambled. Adrian wasn't sure how to respond. This was the most depressed he'd seen Vincent. He wanted to laugh about how silly Vincent was being. 

Adrian knelt down beside Vincent and reached out to pat his head. He didn't know what else to do. Vincent grabbed his hand and pinned him to the floor. "Is there any way I can convince you to tell me about your fantasy? I want you to want the real me over the fake me. But I'm also perfectly willing to become your version of me if you want that," Vincent's eyes widened and he stood up. "Ah, no, sorry, I'm acting weird, aren't I? I'll just...I don't know."

Adrian stood up and grabbed Vincent's hand. He smiled and mouthed 'consummate our marriage' carefully so Vincent would understand what he wanted to say. 

"Are you sure?" Vincent asked. "Once I start I won't be able to stop," he said. Adrian nodded. He wanted to laugh. That's just what he'd thought Vincent would say.