25

Alexis

It has been 2 weeks since I found out about my mom's engagement with James & let's just say, I haven't been her biggest fan at all. I'm still pissed off & I'm still not attending their wedding. Call me selfish, but I just can't accept the fact my mom is remarrying after just 1 year of my dad being dead. She claimed she loved him so much, but here she is marrying a guy she barely even knows.  My feelings were hurt more than anything so I'm letting the maid of honor be Ariana. Speaking of which, tonight we're all gathering in Ariana's mom's hospital room to say our last goodbyes because Ri was tired of seeing her mom suffering. Of course she's not taking it easy, but as her best friend I'll always be by her side.

I hear a knock at my door & in walks my mom. I roll my eyes & put my ear phones in not wanting to talk.

"Can you just listen to me? Please?" She begged making me snatch my earphones out.

"What could we possibly talk about? How you're just going to forget all about Dad?"

"Okay first of all, I will NEVER forget about your dad. He gave me you & you look exactly like him so I see him whenever I see you. Secondly, me & your father weren't on the best of terms before he killed himself & I know his death traumatized you sweetheart, but life goes on. I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone & depressed & I really wish you'd just be happy for me. You're all I have Alexis," she said sniffing making me sigh & run my hand through my hair.

"You haven't supported me AT ALL since he died. Hell even when he was here you still didn't support me which is why his death hurts as much as it does. He supported me FAITHFULLY while you were out on business trips. You continuously make promises that you can't keep & you put James before me so how do you think I'm going to feel about you guys getting married? If I'm going to accept him, I'm going to do it on MY time & when ALEXIS is ready," I said truthfully. I love my mom till the death of me, but I'm tired of being let down.

"Okay from here on out, I promise to be your biggest fan & biggest support system. You have my word baby. & I'd still like for you to attend the wedding," she said making me chew at my bottom lip.

"I'll go, but I'm not being your maid of honor. I'm sorry mom, but I'm not ready so I'll just sit in the front row & wish you the best," I said.

"Okay, fair enough. We're going to the hospital in 15 minutes so be ready," she said.

Once she left my room, I let out a loud sigh & put my pillow over my face. I should not be feeling like this at 15 years old.
Since I was already dressed, I decided to FaceTime my best friend, Rich.

"Besto," he said once his face appeared on the screen.

"Hey best. Are you around Dom?" I asked.

"No ma'am. I'm in my room," he said.

"Good cause I need help.... me & my mom talked & I told her how I felt about everything," I said.

"Annnnnnd?"

"And she said she'd be my number 1 supporter from now on, but we'll see how that goes since this isn't the first time I've heard this from her," I vented.

"Yeah, I feel you. What else happened?" He asked while laying down putting his arm over her head.

"She said she still wants me to attend the wedding. I told her I would, but I'm not going to be her maid of honor. I'm just not ready for all that ya'know?"