The Tempest

Disclaimer: All of this is based upon the lovely J

Disclaimer: All of this is based upon the lovely J.K. Rowling's work. I own nothing except for a few non-canon characters to be introduced later. All of the paraphrased or direct quotes are from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, text copyright 1997 by J.K. Rowling~

________________________________________

(Edited)

          As the clouds, part in the sky and the moon shines upon everything in its wake. The sweet cry of a newborn echoed through a little hut in the middle of the woods. The night suddenly changed its course, darkness and sudden squall soon surrounded the forest. A crisp chill blew through the wind as, on this dark and dreary night, the cries of the newborn echoed down the lonesome hut. Their soft, moist ground was trembled by horrifying cries of the wolves through blinding darkness all around the forest, and the rustling noises of the trees with its calm icy breeze made the forest haunted. The last breath escaped from Elizabeth's throat, as her cold lifeless body laid beside her newborn child. Suddenly silence covered up the whole forest. Even the monotonous song of the cicadas was swallowed up by this deathly silence. 

 The grief-stricken father ran in search for a house, to seek shelter, with his only-child wrapped up in a white cloth in his arms, for the woods offered him no safety. He ran as fast as he could; he couldn't let the wolves nor the thunderstorm stop him from bringing his daughter to a safe place. The flashbacks of his wife parting with her last breath on this fateful night, constantly rung on his head. He ran out of the forest and into a nearby village where he searched for some shelter. He quickly knocked on someone's door and after a few minutes, it opened, and the astonished face of the man's brother peaked through. 

        "Brother," the new father addressed, "I want you to take care of my daughter until I return."

     His eyes wandered back to his daughter's face and he gave her a last reassuring smile. The baby's eyes shone a deep green as she cracked them open sleepily, her father was astonished to see it. He smiled above to see the virtuous white clouds and could feel this exact purity in his daughter's face. "Marry... Virgin Mary!" rung from his frozen lips. He kissed her forehead before laying her into his brother's arms and muttered his last parting words to his daughter "Madonna, goodbye my child! ". With a flick of his cape, he turned and strode into the night disappearing into the mist.

His brother, however, was not ready to take the sudden responsibility of a child. He called after his brother, prepared to give him a lecture, but he was too far away from his earshot.

Clenching his jaws, the agitated, scruffy man took the child inside and locked the door, as the cold wind was freezing his bones.
_

____________________________________________

I know my story is not the best, but I promise to make it better :)❤️