Gryffindor's Prince

Edited.

       "Filipendo!" the spell flew from Abraxas' wand and right for Madonna. Luckily, she blocked the attack and fired one of her own. Incendio. The spells flew across the corridor continuously, trying to take down it's opponent. This time Madonna's spell hit Abraxas, and the blonde boy fell on the ground with a sphincter on his back.

        He got up, irritated, and spat the curse bombarda at her. Madonna didn't know how to block this dangerous spell, so there she stood--petrified--when someone jumped in front of her and flicked his wand as he cast protego.

        Both Madonna and Abraxas were shocked, and before Madonna could even look at that person, the 'expeliarmus' curse flew from the strangers wand and Abraxas' wand parted from his hand in a second. By now, Tom Riddle was present there and had seen how the unknown boy had overpowered his friend.

        The stranger that'd shielded Madonna turned to face her. "Are you all right?" he asked. Madonna nodded her head. "I hope that you aren't hurt..."

        "I am not, but who are you and why did you save me?" Madonna blurted.

        The brown-haired boy sighed as he tucked his wand back underneath his Hogwarts robes. "A 'thank-you' would suffice... I am Henry Longbottom, a first-year student of Gryffindor. I have noticed you several times in the charms classroom. You are quite smart and most probably Sir's new favorite student... But let me deal with him before we continue on.''

        Henry Longbottom looked at Abraxas chargingly, "You should be thrown out of Hogwarts for using such a dangerous spell inside the school premises..."

        Abraxas was seething. "Who are you to worm your way into my business, you filthy Gryffindor? You know who I am, and how easily I can put you in the medical wing."

        "I know who you are. But you should know that dueling is strictly prohibited in Hogwarts out of class and you could be thrown out of here if I inform the Headmaster about you. Now, you listen here Abraxas Malfoy," Henry took a step or two forward, now less than a foot away from his argument. "You. Don't. Scare. Me. And if you'd like to continue your time here at Hogwarts, then I suggest that you slither along and get lost!"        Abraxas fumed as he reluctantly left. Never in his life anyone had dared to threat him so much. Tom watched everything that happened here. He hated Gryffindors, but he didn't envy any of them as much as he did this Henry Longbottom. He understood that he had to get rid of any other person who dared to cross his path. He went tothe common room to talk with Abraxas about the boy. 

        "Thank you for saving me today," Madonna said to Henry. "If you weren't there, then I would be in hospital wing for at least a month."

        "No problem, " Henry grinned. "Just one question: why did he cast against you?"

        Madonna leaped into explanation. "I wanted to speak with Riddle, but when I was going to see him, I was interrupted by one of his friends.  He said that Riddle was busy and didn't want to talk with me but since the matter was important I said that I couldn't wait. Abraxas then began screaming spells at me like it was the last thing he'd ever do."

        "What was that matter you wanted to speak with Riddle that made him so violent? I don't mean to pry." Henry continued.

        "It's a long story, and... I want to keep it secret."

        "All right. I won't ask about it. But is Riddle that boy whom everyone tells to be the brightest wizard of Hogwarts? He is somewhat extraordinary and everyone thinks that he will do something good with our wizarding world."

        "I don't think 'good' is the word to describe it... anyways let's change this subject. I am a bit busy now I will see you in great hall at dinner time." She said goodbye to him before leaving, the boy smiled back at her. She blushed, she hadn't spoken with any boy so cheerfully 'till today. He was the first boy whom Madonna thought to be her friend.

        And because of Henry, Abraxas woldn't disturb her anymore. She could now talk with Riddle about the matter peacefully, and she guessed that Riddle was most probably in the common room studying to top his exams. And unless she knows that Riddle had returned the book safely she couldn't concentrate in her studies. She went in the direction of the Slytherin common room immediately. As she entered the dimmly lighted common room she found that Abraxas and Riddle were discussing something between themselves.

        No one was there in the common room except them. Madonna went to a sudden flashback of her past incident when she was alone with Tom Riddle, and how Riddle threatened her to not come in his way. She knew that she was freaking out from inside. Both Abraxas and Riddle gave a stern stare at her when they noticed her coming towards them.  

        "So," Tom approached, "Made alliances with the enemy house, have we? What more could one expect from her, except betraying her own house."

        "You are right, Tom. She is a total disgrace to our house. I have never seen a Slytherin so unworthy and distrustful like her." Abraxas added.

        "We can talk about it later, but first I need to talk to you about an important matter alone, Riddle."

        "Your book is returned in the library unnoticed. You needn't irritate me by telling about this. And if you don't want to be getting into further trouble then stop discussing this matter."

        "Thanks Tom I only wanted to know this much," Madonna said, "but why did you send your friend to attack me?" she asked accusingly. 

        Tom's gaze fell to the floor. "Abraxas looses sight of the reality side of things sometimes. Your injuries would not have been my fault. Plus, Abraxas was too thick-headed to throw spells at you in front of a crowd"."You could have got both of us into serious troubles"he said to Abraxas aside.

        Madonna let go the matter; she was out of any worries now. She went and sat in a corner of the common room to study for her exams. After sometime she saw Abraxas leaving the room again she was alone with Tom Riddle inside this room. After sometime she felt a bit uneasy. She wasn't able to concentrate on her books. She turned back to Riddle, and saw that the boy was staring at her.

        Staring at her, as if he were making an attempt to read her mind. Staring at her, as if he were looking straight through her troubled soul. Staring at her as if she were a pawn in his little game. Madonna knew that something was going on again in Tom Riddle's mind.

        But what on Earth could it possibly be?
_____________________________________________
Did you guys love this chapter? Please comment about it! ❤️❤️