Chapter 4

Nobody's Pov

Skye~ So, what's the matter?

Everest~ Ok. You've been through this already and I'm not sure what to do...

Skye~ Ummmm what do you mean?

Everest~ I'm pretty sure Marshall likes me... and I get the feeling Rocky likes me too...

Skye looked at Everest smiled. She went over to her and hugged her.

Skye~ Aww Everest, it's ok. I think you should go with whoever YOU think is better for you. And, it's not about the looks. It's the one that actually cares about you and will always be with you.

Everest~ Ok. Heh thanks Skye

Skye~ No problem. And remember, if you ever need to talk to anyone, talk to me. I'll always be here for you bestie!

Everest Smiled. She waved goodbye and walked out of Skye's Pup House.

Everest's Pov

Ok. I can do this. I've just gotta wait for whoever asks me and I'll take it from there. I just hope Marshall will ask first because I'd hate to turn Rocky down... because if I'm with Marshall I'll have a reason to give him... Ok. Here I go..
(Everest walks into the Lookout)
I'm just gonna head to the dog beds and let them figure out the rest.

Marshall's Pov

Ok I think my confidence is up a notch. I think I'll be able to do this. But Everest will probably turn me down. I'm just a clumsy old mutt... oh well. I'll give it a try anyway.  I head towards Everest but I see Rocky walking towards her too. He spots me and runs to her. I just hide behind the pillar.
(I'm honing to eavesdrop😏)

Rocky~ hey Everest. You busy?

Everest, shocked, turned around quickly.

Everest~ Oh um h-hey Rocky. Uh no I'm not busy why?

Rocky~ so um I was just wondering, would you like to go to the d-dance with me?

Nooooooo! Crap Crap CRAP!!! She's gonna say yes! Uhhh I knew it.
I start to walk away but then I hear Everest speaking.

Everest~ umm...well..uh.. Rocky.. I-I'll think about it...

Rocky~ oh. Well that was unexpected. But well ok then...

Yesssssssss she ALMOST turned him down! I might have a chance now!

Rocky's Pov

Ummm well what the hell just happened!!?? I know I'm gonna get turned down for sure now! I bet that stupid Dalmatian has something to do with this... and I'm going to get to the bottom of this!!....