2.

"I'm telling you Maya, he freaking looked at me then smirked his very beautiful smirk and walked back inside while looking at me!" I explained the situation to my best friend.

Amayah looked at me and tried to glare. Tried because whatever this tiny, adorable human did to make herself look angry never worked out. She just looked more adorable than she already was.

"The first time I jumped around and was excited with you but this is the 30th time, Kaira. I already know what he did, so stop repeting it."

I grinned and swung my arm over her shoulder and pulled her close. "This is the first time he ever acknowledged me. Of course I'll repeat it."

"Please don't." She groaned.

"Hey sis. Hey Maya." Kale's voice reached my ears and felt Amayah instantly perking up by my side. Yes, my best friend was hopelessly in love with my brother and my brother was looking for love in all the wrong people. I'd say he was the douche. Not Ronan.

"H-Hey Kale." Maya greeted, her smile reaching her ears.

"You're really perky today. What's up?" Kale asked, ruffling her hair making her beam and blush a little.

"Oh. It's nothing. Kaira was telling me about h-"

I jammed her side with my elbows and gave her a warning look. Kale should not know what had happened. I didn't want him in my business any more than he already was.

"I was telling her about how....I got an A on my History test. Yes. I got an A on my History test."

Kale looked shocked. "Really? Maya you should spare time and teach me as well. I need to pass History!" Kale whined. Before I could tell my brother to go bother his girlfriend instead of us, Amayah quickly piped in.

"Sure! I'd love to. Just call me whenever."

"Thank you. I'll see you girls later!" Kale smiled then ran off towards his waiting girlfriend at the end of the hallway and they started sucking faces. Ew.

I turned to look at Amayah and saw her smiling but it looked pained. My heart broke a little.

"You really have it bad." I said, not really knowing how to comfort her. I was really bad at dealing with people's emotions. I always got confused, not knowing what to do for them. I was useless at times like this.

"Let's go." She whispered, turning around but bumped into someone.

"Watch where you go bitch!" Ethan playfully said, trying to scowl but ended up laughing at the sight of our smiles.

"Ethan!" Amayah greeted and hugged the life out of our other best friend. "You didn't tell me you were coming today!"

"You traitor." I gently punched his arm but hugged him next. "You told me you were coming next week. "

"Well, surprise?"

We all laughed and then decided to go to class together since we had the same one anyway.

"So what'd I miss?" Ethan asked once we were comfortably settled in. Amayah and I filled him in on what had happened for the last one month of his absence. He had gone to Paris for a transfer programme so we missed his presence and his crazy antics.

"Also Ronan noticed our girl." Amayah grinned at him then at me while I jumped in my seat a little excitedly.

"Finally!" Ethan gently tapped the desk. "This unrequited pining had been going on for too long. What'd you do? Flash your nude self accidentally on purpose?"

"Ethan!" I slapped his arm while Amayah doubled in laughter. "I didn't do anything like that. He just saw me by my window."

"By your window? Did he catch you drooling at him? That's c-"

"I was perfectly fine!" I interrupted with a scowl. I was talking with Cole and then he su-"

I gasped when I realised I had stopped Cole from telling what he wanted to yesterday. After Ronan noticed me, I ranted his ears off and he listened. Shit. I didn't even let him tell me the news. What if it was important?

"What's wrong? Why do you look like you realised you're an adopted kid from China?" Amayah asked while Ethan asked "you still talk to that Cole kid?"
at the same time.

"I did something bad to him because of my stupid crush on Ronan." I said feeling guilty. "He hates rants and I ranted his ears off yesterday."

"Well call the dude and apologize!" Ethan gasped dramatically, taking out my phone for me.

I sighed and decided to call him. Cole was kind of my phone pal. He accidentally dialled my number wrong a few months back and though he was annoying at first, his quirky jokes and kind of charming personality made me want to talk to him. He was cool in his way though he flirted a lot. I liked talking to him. But yesterday he wanted to tell me some news and all I did was rant about my crush to the one person who didn't even know about my crush in detail. I was so stupid.

He picked it up at the fourth ring and I sighed in relief. I thought he was going to ignore me.

"H-"

"I'm sorry!" I quickly said, biting my nail. He can't stay mad at me right? After all, I'm adorable.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked, his voice all groggy. It was hot.

"I'm sorry for not letting you tell me what you wanted to. I ranted your ears off, didn't I? I'm so stupid." I laid my head down on the desk.

Cole laughed making my heart skip a beat. Okay. It is official that I liked Cole's morning laugh! It was so attractive to hear. Did all boys have laughs like this?

"It's fine. I knew you were excited. He finally noticed you! Yay!"

"I know right??" I grinned but realised I needed to ask him what he wanted to talk about. "Oh yeah, what did you want to tell me?"

"About that. It's nothing important really. I'll tell you if it comes up later."

"Are you sure?" I asked, feeling a little down that he didn't want to tell me anymore.

"I'm sure. Besides, aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"I am. Oh, Ethan arrived today. Ethan, say hi." I said, shoving my phone in his face. He glared at me but said hi to Cole anyway.

"Wasn't he supposed to come back like a week later?" Cole asked me when I brought my phone back to my ears.

"Yeah but apparently he wanted to surprise us." I smiled.

"That's cool. So I'll call you later. Pay attention to class instead of drooling about my handsome face."

I wanted to laugh at the irony but settled for a scoff. "Oh please. The only face I'll drool of is Ronan's. You don't stand a chance."

My friends' eyes widened at what I said and they were sneaking glances behind me. What was wrong with them?

"You and your Ronan-fetish." Cole said and I could literally feel him rolling his eyes at me.

"He's hot. And totally my type so doesn't matter. You keep sleeping. Bye." I said before hanging up the call.

Amayah slapped her hand on her forhead and Ethan sighed looking away from me. Why were they acting like this?

"What's wr-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I felt shivers go down my back even before I heard the voice. It was the Ronan-effect.

"I heard you have a crush on me?"

I turned back and came face to face with Ronan Astor sitting behind me with that beautiful smirk and his beautiful blue orbs dancing amusedly.

"Holy shit."