4.

McDonalds was loud.

Maybe because it was the weekend or maybe because it was always this packed. But it was loud and although the hottest guy was sitting in front to me, my concentration flew elsewhere.

"I'm sorry if it's a bit noisy." Ronan apologised and I quickly looked at him.

"No. It's fine. People must really like McDonalds today." I awkwardly laughed. This date was going too awkward. I need to loosen up.

"So what were you going to tell me?" I asked, leaning against the table.

Ronan suddenly looked flustered and he laughed nervously. "About that, I'll tell you about it after food." He smiled.

I smiled back and waited patiently for the food to arrive. But what did he want to tell me? Does he also have a crush on me? My heart thudded violently at the thought. Was he going to confess? Come on Kaira, don't think so ahead of yourself.

After small talks and a few minutes later, our order was called and Ronan went and brought it for both of us.

I picked on my fries, not really that hungry now that the nervousness was kicking in. He wanted to tell me something and that was very unusual and peaked my interest. What could Ronan Astor possibly want to tell someone like me? I mean, we never even talked before. All of this thinking was making me lose my appettite.

When we both finished our food, nervousness kicked in like a truckload of bricks. It literally hurt my stomach. I played with the band on my wrist and waited not so patiently for him to speak whatever he wanted to.

"I don't know how I should say this." He laughed awkwardly. It was a little bit comforting to know that he was also feeling nervous.

"Just say it normally?" I offered then wanted to smack myself.

He sighed and then nodded. "It is probably known around in school. About me, that is." He started and I looked at him in confusion.

"About you being hot, attractive and popular? Obviously." I shrugged.

He laughed but shook his head. "No. Not that." He gently smiled and I sighed shakily. I didn't like where this was going. I had a bad feeling.

"About me, liking boys."

Wait, what?

"You like.....boys?" I asked, just for confirmation again.

He nodded, a little confidently.

I froze on my seat at this piece of new information. I had the biggest crush on him for years so how the fuck did I not know about this. And the school knows? Oh my God. This was embarrassing. What do I do now?

"I actually wanted to meet with you for a reason." He sheepishly smiled. I wanted to dig myself a hole and die there. This was too much for me to handle at a noisy McDonalds. I think I was going to faint.

"What's the reason?" I managed to ask despite me hyperventilating inside.

He blushed slightly and though it was the cutest thing ever, I forced my feelings back inside of my head.

"Ethan." He breathed out and I was in shock for the second time today. My crush liked my guy best friend!

"Oh."

"I really wanted to treat you on a date because I didn't want to reject your feelings. I really appreciate you having a crush on me. But I wanted to also tell you confidently that I'm gay and I cannot reciprocate your feelings back. I feel bad." He sounded sad. Why was he sad? I am the one who was going to cry.