youve got the wrong idea

Jughead's POV
The diner we walked into was similar to Pops. We sat at a booth, as we did a middle aged women walked over to our booth holding a pen and a paper. "What would you like to order" the lady said with a perky tone. "I'd like a hamburger with some fries and a chocolate milkshake" Veronica said scanning through her menu. " And you, young sir,?" She said turning to me. "Same thing as her" I said taking Veronica's menu and handing the waitress the menus. "I can't wait, till we get to Chicago" Veronica said trying to get a conversation rolling. "Me too, writing about what happens there is gonna be a blast" I replied to her. "You really do live through your writing" she said shaking her head slightly. "Yeah, it's my dream to become a writer" I told her. "I wish, I was as passionate about something the way you are about writing." She said putting her head on her hand. "You'll find your passion" I said smiling at her, she smiled back. "You two lovebirds ready to eat?" The waitress said out of no where. "Sorry ma'am, you've got the wrong idea, we're not together." Veronica said taking the food from her hands. "Is that no his jacket you're wearing" she said tilting her head. "It is, but I was just being nice" I said explaining to her. She shook her head, "Kids never know their true feelings" she said handing me my food. "Enjoy your meal" she said walking away. I looked back at Veronica, she was blushing very hard.  The rest of the meal was silent, to awkward to talk after that strange situation.
Author Note
Hope You Enjoy
Next Chapter is going to be SUPER CUTE so stay tuned.