6

"Hey mama Diaz," I enter the kitchen area. She rolls her eyes. I get the same from Daya. "Alright, I'm striking out with women so far but can I get a little love from Blanca." I wrap my arms around her as she is stirring food.

        "Vete a la mierda," I'm certain that wasn't a compliment. I have, through my time here, learned that she has a...passionate love for insults. I release her.

       "Madre," I open my arms as I go towards her. She puts her hands up as a way of saying stop. "But no one else will give me love."

        "Mi hija, I'll give love if you get your ass helping," she jets pass me.

       "I got to work for love," I look over and see Maritza. I make my way over to her. I lean on a metal table. "You know that's wrong," she looks back at me.

        "What?"

        "Whatever your doing."

        "I'm making cornbread."

        My eyes go wide as I push off the table to her, "My favorite."

         "Your talking about me."

         "I like how that wasn't a question. I'm referring to the whole scene Angel face. Can I lick the bowl after you pour it to the pan?"

         "No," she pours the mix, " but how about the spoon." She licks it before she feeds it to me. I do not know how this....whatever situation has happened, but I'm happy. Question is do I get some mix on her so I can-"

        "BELTRÉ!" I look over to see Lusechek, "I've been looking all over for you." He surveys the kitchen, "Have you been demoted?"

        That one didn't go over well with the women. I sigh, "I don't think I can take this with me." I hand her the spoon then go over to Lusechek. I tap his shoulders, "Let's go Tinker."

            Lusechek stays quite until we are a little ways away from the cafeteria. "Are you fucking her?"

        "Who?"

        "Ramos."

        "Oh, Angel face. No. We're just flirting. It's harmless attention."

        "Angel face? Come on."

        "What? I call you Tinker but your body ain't banging."

       "Whatever. I'm sexy and I know." I giggle at his comment.

        "So what are we fixing?"

     ----

       I've been able to stay focus and in the moment. That's why I haven't written but today...let me just say that this maybe mess and confusing because that's how I feel now. My mind is jumping. Hold on.

        Maritza, "I missed you at Dinner." Her tone seems to be very concerned. It's beautiful...I need it.