8

Flashback, Flashback, Flashback

       It was an odd place that I remember. Nothing like today's visitation at Litchfield, it felt like a jail inside a jail that smelled of must and mold. "Daddy," as soon as I saw him I ran to him. My little hand took his big one and I lead him back to mom. Once he was seated, I took my spot on his lap.

       "I missed you so much," his eyes were on me. I remember thinking that this "vacation house" didn't seem really fun or relaxing. It wasn't anything, just a very uncomfortable mansion. I made a note in my head, no big homes. "How have you been?"

       My response, "alone." I couldn't see his face. I was playing with a paper. Scribbles and such. "Vacation over. We have go home and wait to sing the night song.

       He took a moment, "This isn't a vacation-"

       "It's work," my mother interrupted.

      "Work is over."

       "Work is not over," my mother was started to tense up, "this room we are in is just one of the many rooms he has to work on. He's going to need a lot of time Shiloh. We have to be patient."

        "But you can always come visit me." Dad.

       "When mommy allows. I have to drive the car." Mom.

       There was silence for a moment. Neither one would speak so I did. "Dad, I'm helping you design."

         He looked at the paper, "I already love it. Since I can't sing the night song to you, how about we pick a day song."

         "Okay, you pick."

          He took a moment before he spoke. Then he held me close and started to sing

   Daddy:

"There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold

And she's buying the stairway to heaven

When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed

With a word she can get what she came for

Ooh, ooh, and she's buying the stairway to heaven..."

------------

        "There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure

Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings"

         "Can you change the song Lusechek? It's a memory, I don't like, attached to this song."

          "Oh I know that feeling," he changes the song to something random, "I can't help but laugh when come on Eileen."