(10) fear of loosing her.

NATHAN FORD.

I rushed into the deserted and quiet school premises like a mad man.

"Lana!!!!" I called out in fear, praying with all I could to God that I find her here.

I'd gotten home after school to find that she was missing, her parents were worried out of their minds, looking everywhere for her and I decided to come here for her.

Where could she be?
What could be wrong??
Maybe she was kidnapped?!
Raped?
Killed??

No no no... Never!

Maybe she was with her friends!!

Blindly I took out my phone, dialing my cousin's number.

"Cou-"

"Is Lana with you?" I asked once I heard his voice.

"What?"

'Is Lana there with you?!" I thundered and he sighed.

"Chill bro... "

You would need your face chilled by the time I'm done with it..

"Do you know where she is Richard? And cut the crap!"

"No... I don't, the last time I saw her was when you called her to the chemistry lab after school closed."

What?! What was he saying?? I never called her to the lab!

"What-"

"How could you call her to the lab when we were supposed to go home toge-"

Having no time for his shit. I cut the call and dashed towards the dark chemistry lab.

I banged on the door yelling.

"Lana!!! Lana are you there?!" I yelled.

A small whimper sounded in the room and needing no more painful invitation, I burst the door open and dashed in the darkness, to see a small figure cuddled in a dark corner, sobbing in fear.

I froze, my heart stopping with time as I stared at the scared girl in front of me, crying her eyes out.

She was safe.

"Nathan..." She cried, having no idea I was already there, just the way I would always be there to save her... The way she did me.

"Lana..." I called out and she jerked her head up in surprise.

"N-nathan?"

"It's me..." I said softly and she suddenly stood up before flinging herself on me, crying hard on my shoulders.

"Shhh... Its alright now.." I cooed, wrapping my arms around her protectively.

"I-i was so scared... I.. I t-thought... I thought you wouldn't find me." She cried and I smiled.

"I'll always find you Lana, always..."

"You promised... You never came back." She muttered slowly and I froze.

She remembered?

"You remembered?" I asked and she giggled in between hiccups.

"I just did... How did I ever forget the reason I hated Nigerians in the first place?" She muttered and pulled away to smile at me, pulling at my cheeks playfully.

"W-why do you hate... Nigerians?" I asked, afraid I already knew the answer.

"A Nigerian dared to divorce his wife, marry a white and leave his son with his wicked wife to run away when things became hard... Let's say I was really glad when the both of them were caught and imprisoned by my mum... Then the young boy was sent back to his home... And just like that... I could never stalk my friend in that foster home again... He'd gone back to his place." She counted and I realised my mouth was opened ajar when she giggled.