Chapter Three

Vanessa's POV:

Madelaine and I arrived at this really nice rooftop restaurant. We walked inside and met Travis, who was already sitting at a table. He honestly looked a little different than I thought. He had a lot of tattoos and had a nose piercing. I didn't know Mads was into all that but he makes her happy so I'm happy.

"Hey Trav! Madelaine said walking up to him and giving him a big hug. "This is Vanessa." She said pointing to me.

"Hey Vanessa! It's nice to meet you. Madelaine has told me so much about you." He said smiling.

"I hope all good things." I said laughing and soon everyone was laughing.

"Yes very good things. Now let's order I am so hungry." He said picking up the menu.

Dinner was actually really fun. Travis seemed like such a nice guy and I enjoyed being with them. They didn't make me feel like a third wheel at all. We were all getting ready to leave the restaurant since we had just finished. Mads and I came together so we were just gonna have a sleepover at my apartment.

"Goodbye babe. I love you." Travis said kissing Madelaine on the lips.

"I love you too." She said kissing him back. For some reason it was like a wave of jealousy just came over me. I wondered why. It was probably just because I didn't have a boyfriend and I felt lonely. Right? That could be the only reason I thought to myself. I quickly got out of my thoughts when Madelaine was asking if I was okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said giving her a soft smile.

"Goodbye Vanessa! It was really nice meeting you!" Travis said giving me a hug.

"It was really nice meeting you too Travis! Goodnight." I said as we pulled away from each other. As we were walking out of the restaurant I noticed how beautiful Madelaine looked in her red silk dress. I guess I got caught staring because she started laughing.

"It'll last longer if you take a picture." She said laughing. I felt my face turn red from embarrassment. I took out my phone and took a picture.

"Okay, done." I said smirking and then laughing. She just rolled her eyes and laughed.

Madelaine's POV:

We arrived at Vanessa's apartment. I always loved the smell of it. It smelt just like her, vanilla. We walked into her bedroom and I plopped right down laying my back across the bed. I let out a loud sigh.

"Do you need pajamas?" She asked pulling out a pair.

"Yep." I said grabbing them. "Where's the bathroom?" I asked. She pointed down the hallway to a room on the right. As I was walking down I saw pictures hanging up of her as a kid. She was so cute and adorable. I quickly got changed and walked back into the room. Vanessa was standing with her back to me and she only had on a bra and underwear. Her body looked so good. Wait what, why am I thinking this? I couldn't think anymore when she turned around to face me and I guess she caught me staring.

"You okay there, Mads?" She said giggling while throwing on her shirt and pants.

"Yea- Yeah, I'm good." I said looking down at my feet feeling my face getting hot.

We sat on her bed and talked for about another 30 minutes. It was getting late and we were both getting sleepy.

"I'll go sleep in the guest room." She said getting up and grabbing a blanket and pillow. I didn't want her to leave.

"No, stay." I said looking up at her and grabbing her wrist. We stayed looking at each other for about 2 minutes. She broke the silence and said "Let's go to sleep I'm exhausted."

Vanessa's POV:

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I looked down and saw Madelaine's head on my chest and our legs entwined. I smiled at the view. I sat in that position for about another 5 minutes until I decided I should get up and start making breakfast. I got up making sure to move swiftly so I didn't wake up Madelaine. I successfully got out of the bed and walked down the hallway to the kitchen. I put my hair up in a ponytail and started making some tea and pancakes, vegan of course. Eventually a very sleepy Madelaine walked into the kitchen and plopped herself on a barstool looking at me.

"Good morning sleepy head." I said giggling. A grunt was all I got as a response. I handed her a plate with pancakes and gave her some tea. We sat in silence for a good couple minutes until she broke it.

"Oh my gosh, Vanessa these are so good." She said with a mouth full of food. I started giggling and gave her a smile.

"Hey, when do you start filming?" I asked while sipping tea.

"I leave tomorrow for Vancouver, actually." She said looking down.

"Wait, do you really?" I said frowning.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I got the text last night and didn't want to ruin the mood." She said grabbing my hand.

"How long are you gone for?" I asked still frowning. There was silence for a minute as she was struggling to say the answer.

"A- A year." She finally said looking down then back up at my face.

"Wow that's a long time for me to go without my best friend." I said sadly. Even though we haven't known each other for that long I already considered Madelaine to be my best friend.

"Hey! Don't worry! You can come visit me and I can come visit you!" She said cheerfully.

"I would love that!" I said smiling at the red head.

We said our goodbyes and stayed in a hugging position for a long time. I didn't want to let go of her and I don't think she wanted to either but eventually we drifted apart.

"Make sure to call and text me all the time." I said laughing.

"Don't worry you'll be the first to know everything." She said winking at me.

"I love you, Mads." I said in a serious tone.

"I love you too, Nessa." She said back, giving me a smile.

As I watched the red head leave I couldn't help but smile at the words she just told me. I know it wasn't supposed to mean anything but to me it meant a lot and I don't know why.