Karimba, Maraka, and Okarina

Once there were three sisters. The eldest one was called Karimba, the second one was Maraka, and the youngest was Okarina. The girls lived in a small house in a small village surrounded by a big forest.

Karimba, Maraka, and Okarina also had a mother and a father, but they were always busy. They were never at home, so the sisters looked after themselves as best as they could.

Karimba, Maraka, and Okarina looked like their parents, quite small and a bit chubby. They had straight long hair and usually wore it in two braids. They didn't know much about themselves or about anything else, because each of them lived in her own little world. Neither of them learned from the others.

The three sisters may not have looked unusual, but each of them had a special gift. Karimba could feel everything, Maraka could hear everything, and Okarina could see everything.

The girls didn't yet know that every gift also brings a responsibility with it. They had no idea that they had to do something with their gifts, that they had to share them. Even if they had known it they wouldn't have had a clue how to do it. And yet, each of them shared their gifts in some rough and crude ways, just because they had to.

Karimba had to react to everything she felt, Maraka had to tell others everything she heard, and Okarina had to believe everything she saw.