Prologue

I was in the car with my dad Hank and my little brother Cole, we were just heading home, it was a beautiful snowy day.

We were on the highway heading home when a truck slipped on some ice and the car turned over, My dad was somewhat okay, but my brother wasn't and my right side was crushed with the car.

I was looking around trying to keep consciousness, I was worried, for my dad and brother, I wasn't worried about my life at all.

As I was slowly loosing consciousness I heard sirens, police, firefighters, and paramedics were all around us.

I heard them talking about how my dad was going to make it, but they weren't really sure if Cole or me were going to make it.

Some minutes passed and I was being carried into the ambulance, I saw dad next to me and my little brother being pulled in to another ambulance.

That's the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

Hank's POV

As we got to the hospital my kids were immediately pulled into surgery. I have never felt so worried in my life, why did it had to be them and not me?

I was sitting in the waiting room for hours, until a doctor came up to me.

"Sir, are you Hank Anderson? The father, right?"

"Yes I am, are my kids okay?"

"Well, your daughter's right side was crushed and the only way to save her was putting android pieces replacing her damaged body parts."

I was shocked, but relived that she will survive.

"Your son, on the other hand, there was no doctors and he had to be taken by an android, I'm sorry to inform you that he didn't make it."

My heart sank, I was shocked, I didn't know what to do, I just started crying and I couldn't stop.

"If you want to see your daughter she's in room 505, but she won't wake up until a few days from now."

I nodded and started walking her room, once I got there I sat down next to her and held her hand tightly.

"I promise to protect you, you're everything I have left."

I cried my self to sleep as I held her hand, I will protect her no matter what.