Chapter Four

Two weeks have passed since the birth of Lennox. I have only seen her twice. Tori has this set up where I can only see Lennox for two hours a week. That is not nearly enough time.

But, today, is different. Today, I am going to Tori's house. She is gone and her mother has Lennox.

Tori's mother, Pat, has always been on my side. She knows her daughter is psychotic. She is the one who called and asked me to come over.

"You ready to go?" I asked walking into the living room where Cassie was sitting.

Ever since the hospital incident, we have gotten even closer. She is doing what it takes for me to see Lennox. Have I mentioned she is amazing?

"Yep," she replied. She looked nervous. "Wade. Are you sure this is okay? What if Tori shows up and sees me there?"

I knew she was worried about something.

I walked over and sat down beside her. I grabbed her hand and said, "Cass, she is gone for the entire night. And who cares what she thinks. You are my best friend. All my other friends have seen her."

She seemed to relax a little. "Yeah. I guess you are right. I really want to see Lennox. I bet she is even more beautiful in person."

She hopped off the couch and pulled me up with her. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

Now this is the Cassie that I know and love.

..............

Cassie's POV

Wade Bentley. Man oh man. I loved this boy. How was I supposed to tell him that when he was clearly focused on getting custody of his daughter.

I have to admit. I was completely surprised when he asked me to accompany him on his drive to Tori's. Yeah, I wanted to see Lennox, but I wanted him to have his time.

I accepted his offer, and, now, I am sitting in the passenger seat of his car. I can't help but smile when I look over at him. He was being quiet for some odd reason.

I reached over and touched his hands. My hands tingle every time our hands touch.

"Wade, is everything alright?"

He looked surprised. "Hmm? Yeah. I am just a little nervous. Not for us though. For Mrs. Pat. I hope Tori doesn't find out about this."

"Mrs. Pat will be fine. Tori isn't going to find out. You already warned me of that." I leaned back on my headrest, then something came into mind. "Why are you so nervous all of a sudden?"

He squeezed my hand and pulled it to his lips. He placed a kiss on my knuckles and said, "thanks for coming with me, Cass. It means a lot."

We pulled into a driveway, and we both let out a long sigh.

"Well, Cass. Let's go see my daughter." His smile was back. He grabbed my hand and we knocked on the door.