Chapter Thirty One

One Year Later:

We married the next winter. The wedding was beautiful.

We got married in the church where her parents married. I let her plan the entire thing.

The wedding procession began. Lennox was our flower girl. She looked adorable. She was dressed similar to Cassie. Another one of Cassie's ideas.

Lennox spotted and forgot her flowers. She ran forward screaming, "daddy daddy."

I leaned down and scooped her up.

The brides maids made their way down the aisle.

The music changed and everyone stood. They turned to the entrance, and I began to shake.

Cassie came in to view. She was being escorted by Cade. They made their way down the aisle and stopped in front of me.

The priest asked, "who gives this woman?"

Cade smiled, "my mother and I do." He then placed Cassie's hand in mine and took his place beside his mom.

The ceremony began. Cassie and I exchanged our vows. We decided to write our own because our story was unlike any others.

I placed the ring on her finger, and she did the same. It was a little tough because we were both nervous.

The priest said, "I know pronounce you husband and wife. Wade, you may kiss your bride."

I smiled, "finally." I lifted her veil and claimed her lips with mine. Our first kiss as man and wife.

We turned to the crowd, and I picked up Lennox. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Wade Bentley."

.................

Cassie's POV

Our honeymoon was simple. We didn't want anything fancy. His parents kept Lennox, and we just got a hotel.

It was nice. We stayed inside the entire time. I just wanted to be with my husband alone.

Husband. I just married my best friend. The man of my dreams. He was the perfect man.