Chapter Twenty Five

Cassie's POV

"I don't want you to go," we were back at my place. Tonight had been amazing, and I never wanted it to end.

"I know," he placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "But, we will see each other tomorrow. We get family time."

"Family," I smiled. "Wade, we have a family. Can you believe it? I never saw my future being spent with you. I always imagined it, but I never thought it would happen."

"Me either," he agreed. "But it did. And I am really glad it did. I am the happiest I have ever been. I have the most perfect baby, and I also have the most perfect girlfriend."

He pulled me close and kissed me one last time. He walked me to the door and we said goodbye.

As soon as I closed the door, I did my happy dance again. I was on cloud nine, and I wondered if I would ever come off.

..............

Wade's POV

Cassie is just adorable. I saw her shadow in the window as she did her happy dance. She always did that when she was excited. It always made me laugh.

I don't know about her, but I am on cloud nine. I never wanted to come off of it.

I made it home and went to check on Lennox. She was out.

Mom was up. I knew by the bedside lamp. I peeked in. "Hey, mom. I'm home."

She looked up from her book, "okay, sweetie. Go on to bed."

I went to my room and stripped out of my suit. I hopped right in the bed. I didn't fall asleep immediately. I just laid there thinking about Cassie. And our future.