Chapter 4 - Paula My Beautiful Girl

I was walking home with my girlfriend Paula. She was the most beautiful, kind, awesome girl I've ever met. I didn't deserve her. I kept thinking of me and Mr. Niccals. Was that cheating?

  I wasn't ready to tell her. I was too afraid. Would she hate me forever? I tremble at the thought. Me and Paula were walking home together. She was on her phone texting someone.

  I didn't bother ask who it is. She would kill me, because it's none of my business. As we were walking close to her house, I saw Mr. Niccal's sports car again! Oh no, what do I do?! Paula's here!

  I kept my head low, forgetting that I had bright blue hair. I heard a car right next to me, so I looked. There he was looking at me. My heart fluttered and I turned red. Probably because I'm afraid...hopefully...I'm straight...yeah...

  I look wide eyed at Mr. Niccals and stopped walking. Paula turned back to me, about to hit me for stopping. Until, she noticed the nice red sports car too. "Get in 2D!" He said to me while taking out some booze.

  Where did he get that? I remembered this morning and how he took me to school. Now he's offering to take me home? "I-I can't Mr. Niccals. I'm with my girlfriend Pa-Paula." I said sternly, well, I tried too at least.

  He looked at Paula, then back at me with a nice smirk. "She can have a ride too..." Mr. Niccals said looking at her up and down. "Oh okay..." I was about to ask Paula if she was fine with that decision, but she was already in the passenger seat, telling me to hurry up and get in.

  I quickly jumped in the backseat of the car and contemplated if I should buckle my seat belt. I then thought about all the bad things that could happen if I didn't, so I buckled it. I listened in on Paula's and Mr. Niccals conversation. Paula was such a charismatic girl. She always made new friends so fast! What a social butterfly.

  I quickly zoned out of their conversation about some random...hook up? I never knew what that meant. People always thought that I was oblivious or mentally challenged. I don't think I am... I then remembered all the events that took course at dinner when Mr. Niccals came over.

  Was it all just a dream? Did I somehow just imagine that? Was I...high? No, it can't be that. I never do drugs unless Paula wants me to. As my thoughts were pacing into more possible explanations to that one time. I heard a yell.

  Startled, I looked up and saw Mr. Niccals yelling for me to get out the car. Paula was still at the front seated. Wasn't Paula supposed to go home first? "Wait, isn't Paula gonna be dropped off first?" I asked slightly irritated at his yells. "No Tusspot me and Paula have other plans... Now get out my car!"

  I did what I was told and got out. I waved goodbye as they sped off at an illegal speed. I hoped Paula was okay being with him alone. I decided to stop thinking about it and walked inside my house.

  My mom wasn't home yet. I decided to make some peppermint tea. I watched the kettle and licked my nose. I remember the first time I did that in front of Paula. She yelled at me for being disgusting.

  I thought everyone did that, so I was very surprised. It's good that she told me that, so now I won't make a fool of myself in front of others. I heard a door open just as I was pouring some tea into a cup.

  My mom never came home at this time. "Uh...hello?" I echoed through the house. There was no response. Until I saw Mr. Niccals walk in with a trillion books for every school subject.

  I completely forgot that I had a private tutor! I was so focused on him and those other events from dinner. That I completely forgot I had to see this awful man everyday after school! I saw some lipstick marks and hickeys on his neck.

  It actually kinda looked like Paula's lipstick shade. I decided not to question it. Paula would never cheat on me. I brought my tea to the table, where Mr. Niccals was seated.

"How did you get keys to my house?" I asked with a bit of fear. "You're mom just gave me them." He responded while pushing out all the books on the table. "So, where do we begin?" I asked flustered with all these books I would have to do.

He opened up one book about the human anatomy.