Chapter 17

"How is he doing?" Honeypaw asked looking down at Flash. The white tom was lying on his back in a large nest, his belly exposed and covered in herbs and cobwebs.

"He's doing better." Pebblestep replied, going through their herb store. "His breathing is getting better and there's no sign of infection. I hope he wakes up soon." Honeypaw was grateful, she didn't want this tom to die despite the fact that he attacked SunClan. He didn't know what he was getting into, and he watched his sister die.

It was a few days after the battle and SunClan was recovering nicely. The worst wounds had been Brackenpelt with a shredded ear, Crowfur with a nasty wound on her hind leg and Redclaw with a severely wrenched claw. All cats had been treated and were recovering. Pebblestep and Honeypaw had used the rest of the goldenrod and horsetail to treat them while the marigold they had was used for Flash.

As Honeypaw looked over Flash these past few days, she noticed that he had other scars. Both of ears were badly torn, he had a scar over the bridge of his nose and a scar that twisted around one of his forelegs. This cat has seen some battles. Honeypaw thought. I wonder why he was with Echoheart.

The Clan had buried Lilac away from camp, Dawnstar said that even if she tried to kill Cinderflame they couldn't leave her body to become crowfood somewhere. Honeypaw was glad that her mother was the way she was, she told Honeypaw and Pebblestep that they could care for Flash until he was healthy enough to leave.

"Honeypaw?" A quiet voice spoke behind Honeypaw, she turned to see Falconpaw standing in the entrance to nursery. It was Falconpaw, his amber eyes were shadowed and he looked upset about something.

"Falconpaw?" Honeypaw quickly padded over to her brother. "Is everything alright?" She asked, concerned. I've never seen him look like this.

"Kind of," He started to turn. "Can you come with me?" Honeypaw nodded and followed her brother after given the okay from Pebblestep. As they crossed camp, Honeypaw realized they were going to the SunTree. The two apprentices poked their head inside to see Dawnstar talking with Cinderflame.

"I've set up several patrols along the border to the twoleg place. I think we should focus on there the most right now. AshClan hasn't given us any reason to be wary right now, with the medicine cats low on herbs I don't think any other Clan will be attacking."

"I agree." Dawnstar nodded. "Echoheart is our main threat right now." Dawnstar turned her head once she saw her kits. "What do you two need?"

"I'll go set up those patrols." Cinderflame dipped her head and left the den, moving past Honeypaw and Falconpaw.

"I need to tell you something." Falconpaw said once Cinderflame was gone, his voice was low and scared. What's gotten into him?

Dawnstar looked as concerned as Honeypaw felt. "What is it, Falconpaw?"

"A few moons ago..." Falconpaw began, staring at his paws. "I didn't feel like sleeping so I decided to explore the territory behind the camp, near Jagged Rocks. But I went farther..." Honeypaw shared a confused and worried look with her mother. "I left the territory and went into the twolegplace. Before you say anything I know I shouldn't have, but I didn't think anything would happen. Well..." He took a shaky breath. "I ran into Echoheart...she attacked me but I ran. She said she would find me again so I think it's my fault that she attacked us." He dropped his head, Honeypaw blinked. She had no idea that Falconpaw had gone to the twolegplace let alone run into Echoheart.

Dawnstar let out a heavy sigh. "Falconpaw," Her voice didn't sound mad, just disappointed. "I don't think it's your fault. I highly doubt that Echoheart would've just lived in the twolegplace without causing us any issues. She had a whole group of rogues with her, she's clearly been planning this." She touched her nose to Falconpaw's head. "I'm glad you told me, though I wish you would've told me sooner. I'm not mad and I'm not going to punish you."