Extra 2

Echoheart spotted Flash waiting where they had agreed upon. She had already discussed the whole situation with Graypelt who agreed, though he didn't seem too keen on it. His loss, if he gets in my way I'll kill him. Echoheart put on a kind face and approached Flash. "Are we ready to go?" She questioned kindly.

Flash nodded. "The first cat we're going to meet is pretty friendly, but she's feisty. She was born a kittypet but her father took her to live on the streets where he taught her to fight." Echoheart was intrigued and wondered how many of these cats would be kittypets. Flash and Echoheart walked up a small hill until they found an abandoned twoleg nest, it was rotting and broken down and reeked of crowfood. "Wait here." Flash instructed and entered the gaping entrance of the nest.

After a few moments, Flash stepped out of the den with a light golden-brown she-cat. She had green eyes, a white belly and was missing the top of one of her ears. "Hi there." The she-cat greeted.

"Echoheart, this is Tetra." Flash introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Tetra." Echoheart said kindly.

"You as well." Tetra dipped her head. "Flash told me that you have a way to get more prey?" Echoheart nodded and relayed the plan to Tetra.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Tetra held her head high. "I've always wanted to fight a forest cat."

"Why don't you meet me where I live? It's at the very edge of the forest." Echoheart suggested and Tetra agreed. Flash and Echoheart bid farewell to the tabby rogue. "Who's next?" Echoheart asked Flash.

"His name is Wolf, he might not be as eager to agree but it shouldn't be too hard to convince him. He likes prey and he would probably give his tail to eat something other than rats and twoleg garbage."

"Fair enough." Echoheart mewed and Flash led her a little bit aways to a foul smelling heep of twoleg crowfood. She resisted the urge to gag.

"Wolf!" Flash called sharply into the air, he was clearly struggling from the stench as well. It didn't take long for a fluffy, grayish-brown tom to step out. He had several lighter and darker markings as well as amber eyes that showed annoyance.

"What do you want, Flash?" Wolf asked with a growl. "Who's the flea-pelt?" He asked with a sharp jab at Echoheart. Echoheart held back a hiss and kept her claws sheathed. You're one to talk. She thought with annoyance.

"This is Echoheart and she has an idea to get more prey."

"More prey?" Wolf snorted. "I ain't interested in any kittypet food."

"How about forest prey? I have a way to steal prey from the cats who live in the forest. They have plenty of it, too."

"Forest prey, eh?" Flash had been right, Wolf instantly seemed interested. "I'll think about it." Echoheart told him the meeting place and they left him to live in his crowfood.

"The next three will be much more pleasant than he was, I promise." Flash mewed and they continued. It wasn't long before they reached an underground den where Flash called into it. "Blair! Quill! Poppy!"

After a moment two heads popped out. One was a sleek black she-cat with striking yellow eyes and the other was a mottled brown tom. "Hey there, Flash." The tom greeted. "What brings you here?" He, along with the black she-cat stepped outside to face Flash and Echoheart.

"This is Echoheart," He mewed. "Echoheart, this is Blair and Quill." He motioned to the black she-cat then to the mottled tom. "She has a plan I think you'd be interested in."

Once again, Echoheart relayed her plan to the two cats who nodded along with interest. Judging from their skinny frames, she assumed prey would be welcome to them. "Sounds good to me." Quill mewed. "Poppy isn't around right now, but she is always complaining about not having enough prey."

Blair nodded. "Yeah, we'll meet with you and we'll talk to Poppy. Thanks for trying to help all of us out." She thanked Echoheart and Flash.

"It's my pleasure." Echoheart kept her fake kindness. Too bad these cats don't know the truth, they're only rogues. They don't need to know everything.

Flash and Echoheart continued, meeting four more cats. There was Hoot, a scrawny, wild-eyed tom who looked borderline mad, Sky, a stoic gray tom, Moose, a huge brown tom and a pale brown she-cat named Brittle who lived alongside Moose. They had all agreed to join Echoheart and the others and for the first time in a while, revenge and happiness was in sight for Echoheart.