Chapter 15

"What has brought you to my office this afternoon, uncle?" I asked
"Oh, you know,as my favorite niece, I've brought you an offer you can't refuse and I mean, you can't refuse" he said with a smirk. This man is beginning to scare me, my punishment is so near, and I can feel it, and it feels like its going to be the worst of all punishments.

God help me to be able to endure this!! I silently prayed.
"What is the offer?" I asked nervously.
"Well, its very easy, a friend of mine wants to be a major investor in this company and he wants his eldest son to get married to one of the Johnson's beautiful daughter and since Anna is engaged, it's left to you. Get ready to be Mrs. Lawrence in two of weeks time Andrea, that's all" he said and stood up to leave.

Wow!!! Just Wow!!  I or wasn't expecting this,  I wasn't expecting an arranged marriage.

"What if I refuse?" I asked.
"Well, it's very easy, we'll have to hand over the company to the Lawrence Inc." He shrugged.

What??
"Why? Must they be one of the major investors?" I asked, my anger was beginning to surface.
"Yes,  the shareholders are beginning to pull out, we need the money" he explained.

"So, I'm like a what? A Collateral?"I asked.
"Nah, I wouldn't say that though, more like a sacrificial lamb" he said and let out an evil laugh before he walked out of my office leaving me dumbfounded.

A tear escaped from my eye as I sat down on my chair.

What is happening to me? Why is this happening to me? How did my family become this way? What did we do to Uncle Billy for him to treat us this way?

A lot of questions flooded my mind as I sat there with my head on my desk and I ended up crying myself to sleep.

* * *

"Ma, it's almost 8pm,you need to wake up" I heard someone shaking me but I was too weak to even open my eyes or recognize who was talking.
"What's happening here? why is Andi still in the office?" I heard another voice say.
"I've been trying to wake her but she wouldn't even budge" the first voice answered.
"Andi, you need to get up now" the second voice commanded and I decided to wake up cause the noise was beginning to kill me. I opened my eyes to see Anna and Sandy with worried expressions on their faces and I almost laughed, that's if I hadn't remembered my uncle's arranged marriage for me, and I didn't know when I started crying.

"What's wrong Andi? why are you crying?talk to me please?" Anna begged but I couldn't bring myself to talk, if I tried I u its ended up crying more.
"Who was the last person to enter this office?" She asked my P.A
"It was Mr. Billy Ma'am" Sandy answered.
"Andi, what did that bastard do this time?" she asked with an angered expression, But I still couldn't answer her.
"Let's go" she said as she pulled me up from the chair. My legs were cramped as a result of me sitting in just one position for close to seven hours and I almost fell back on the chair I just stood from.
"Hold onto me Andi" Anna said and Sandy also lifted my hand across her shoulder.

Finally, we got to the car and Anna drove me home in her car.

I got out if the car as soon as we got home, I was now a bit stronger than before.

"Andi, Anna, what took you so long? Come in and help yourself with a bottle" Drew slurred.

Damn I could use a drink now! I thought to myself. 

"Are you drunk?" Anna asked and I rolled my eyes.

Isn't it obvious?

"I'll help myself with a glass or tsk too, go ahead Anna, we'll be fine" i said.

"No, if you're drinking, then I am too, if you're drinking away your sorrow then I am too, we promised to Stick together." She said and dropped her bag before she called our maid to get a bottle of wine from the wine cellar.

****
"Anna, Drew don't you think you we need to get back at Billy for all this?" I asked drunkenly.
"Yeah, I know right, that man practically demoted me, he has forgotten I'm Anna Johnson"

We were all drunk by now and all we said didn't even make sense anymore.

"I wonder what he'll do to Andi, she's like the only one he hasn't touched. He can't do much to Adrian." Drew said.

Oh, I've been touched brother.

"She's untouchable, she's the only one he won't dare to touch cause she isn't a coward like us" Anna said.
"Yeah, cheers to Andi, the untouchable one" Drew cheered and Anna joined him too, while I waited for the right time to drop the bomb.

"Are you done?" I asked and they gave me the what do you mean look.
"Well the real cheers should be to my arranged marriage with Mr. Lawrence. So Cheers to Andi's marriage to Mr. Lawrence, yayyy" I said and all of our glasses clicked together, as we laughed stupidly.
"So Andi's punishment is an arranged marriage, I'm so sad for you sis" Andi said as he hugged me and we both cried.
"Let me be involved in the tears, you two" Anna said before joining us and we all cried for what seemed like hours before I pushed them away.

"I think I'm gonna call it a night" I said. I think the tears we shed sobered us up a bit cause we looked more alive than before.
"Good night Andi, Anna" Drew said and he headed to his room.
"Good night kids" Anna said and we all departed to our separate rooms.

Oh what a day!!! I thought to myself before I finally slept off without changing to my nighties or wiping my make up off.

Vote, comment. share and follow.