Chapter 37

I woke up with a terrible headache. I raised my hand to massage my temple, and I felt bandages round my head.

I looked around to see I was in the hospital, and Liz was here beside me.

She felt me trying to sit up as she too woke up.

"Andi, are you okay? Wait here, I'll just get them doctor" she said as she ran out.

The doctor came back a few seconds later with Liz following behind him.

"Thank God you're awake now Mrs. Lawrence" the doctor said and I smiled.

"Wait, how long was I out for?" I asked.
"Just a day, you got hit real bad, your face is all bruised, thank God he didn't do much damage to it, just your cheeks and eyes. Your teeth escaped his cruel treatment too." He said.

I touched my face to see that I had band aid all over my face.

"The police would like to get your statement too, they'll be here later" the doctor said and I tried my best to nod.

Finally, I am free from the monster!!

"Liz, where's Adrian?" I asked.
"He Just left now to get some things" She explained.

"And my kids?"
"They've been moved to Anna's place too" she said and I sighed with you relieve.

"Wait, what happened that night? How come you two were back home?"  I asked

"It was Adrian's fault. He suddenly developed this terrible headache at the party and he was boiling hot, then he decided to go home, and I just couldn't leave him in that state, so I went back with him" she explained.

"Thank you so much Liz" I said and she smiled at me.
"It's nothing, really" she said.
"No, it's everything. Thank you for being there for my brother. You're a nice girl and I love you for that. Thank you again honey" I told her again.

°°°°°°°
"Adrian, call Chidinma for me" I demanded.

The police had taken my statements already and I had charged my husband to court, not only for his constant abuse but i was also filing for a divorce.

"She's on the line now" Adrian said and handed the phone to me.

"Can you meet me at the hospital now?" I asked after we had exchanged pleasantries.

"Yeah I'll meet you there B, just send me the address" she replied.

"Yeah, I'll have Addie send it to you now" I told her and hung up.

****
"Oh my God, Andi!!! Who the heck did this to you?" Chidinma exclaimed when she got to the hospital.

"The person who put that ugly ring on my finger" I said and she laughed.

"Do you think I'm joking here?" I asked and she suddenly looked serious.

"What? That Lawrence guy did this to you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Damn, girl, we have to pull that ring off and burn it or do whatever damage we can do to it" she said. It sounded like a joke but knowing my friend Dinma, I know she's so serious right now.

"That's why you're here" I said getting down to business.

"Tell me more" she said and sat down more comfortably.

"I'm filing for a divorce, and I want you to be my lawyer. I need a strong lawyer and I think you can ve able to fight my case well for me. I want to get everything he got from me through my uncle back" I told her.

"I understand you perfectly, and I want to believe that's easy but you know we're dealing with an equally powerful person as you, and he, can be very Manipulative too, so we have to be very careful with the way we're dealing with him, I'll prepare the documents and how the alimony is to be paid." She explained and I nodded in understanding.