Chapter 39

Why I'm getting prepared for this stupid meeting, is still beyond me.

I swore to never let him get to me again, but yet here he is again, calling to patch things up.

    He had better not waste my time I thought to myself as I did the finishing touches to my make up.

I decided to wear a simple blue gown, with my equally black stiletto.

I had told him to meet me at the restaurant close to our estate, a fancy restaurant just outside the estate. I intentionally chose that place cause 1) it is closer to the house and there wont be any need for hitching rides with him. 2) Being in a public place would help me keep my cool, cause trust me, I haven't seen him, yet the anger bustling in me is super strong and in order for me not to lose my shit I have to remain cool.

I don't even want him knowing how much he still affects me. Not much if you ask me, but the fact still remains that he was my crush.

*****

About half an hour later, I drove to the front of the restaurant. Just as I drove in, the restaurant's valet took my car to the lot.

I had intentionally delayed him for 45 minutes, but then what? He delayed me for years so he should be able to wait a few minutes.

"Good evening ma'am, welcome ma" the girl at the reception greeted.

"Good evening, I believe a table's been booked under my name." I told her and she nodded.

"Yes, Miss Johnson, it's just right at this corner" she said as she took me to the table I had booked for the both of us earlier.

"Enjoy your meal ma'am" the girl said and left. I stood at the table staring at him with so much anger, but he still hadn't noticed me. He suddenly looked up and smiled.

That smile did things to my body and I felt the walls I had built long ago, begin to crumble.

"You look beautiful this night Andrea" He said as he stood up to pull my chair out.

"Thank you!" I said with sarcasm falling like a rain in the way I pronounced even the letters of the words.

"Now, Andi, that isn't a way to treat a good friend who saved you from getting raped" He said and the anger i that had managed to subside began bubbling back in me.

"You didn't call for years, no text message, no tweets or sliding into DMs, NOTHING!!!, and yet you're expecting a warm welcome back to Nigeria from me" I spoke with obvious anger and laughed "things don't work like that here" I said that waving my index finger at him to buttress my point.

"I-- I'm sorry, honestly, I am" he said and I flared, not enough to attract the attention of the whole restaurant, but enough to attract that of a few tables close by.

"Don't give me that, I got married, I fucking got married, or will you tell me you knew nothing about it?" I waited for him to tell me he knew nothing about it, about my predicament but he kept his head bowed.

"You were my best friend, but you felt it'd be good to move away from me. Well let's keep it up. Luke Davies, it was nice meeting you, let it be the last too. I don't want to ever see your face in front of me" I said and left.

I got my car back and drove out of the restaurant. I was driving round the estate when my stomach grumbled, and I was not ready to go back home with a sour mood.